Topic: What are your favorite gory/bloody scenes in a horror movie?

To me a zombie, or a horror movie best scenes are the blood, and gore. What are your favorite decapitations, zombie head shots, disembowelments, zombie bite human, overall blood and gore moments in zombie and horror movies?

Re: What are your favorite gory/bloody scenes in a horror movie?

There was a topic like this started a while back.  I'm kind of blanking right now.  One that comes up, is the famous Tom Savini head explosion in "Maniac".

Well i have many of them. But one of my favorite ones it from Dead Alive when the main character takes the lawn mower and plows through all the zombies and blood is splattering all over him.

- When Ken Blew Andy's head off in Dawn of the Dead 2004
-In DOTD 78, when the zombie Leroy took a nice meaty bite out of his wifes neck, and arm
- Return of the Living Dead, When they put a pic axe thru the re-aminated cadavers head.
-Day of the Dead, when the zombies ripped apart the soldiers at the end, Taking the top part of the zombies head off with the shovel rocked.
-Street Trash, who doesnt like exploding winos.

All the death scenes in "Street Trash" are and always will be, amazing.

It's not really a Horror Movie, but when HOT FUZZ opens, there is a scene that will own you all. Best death of the year if not EVER. AMAZING gag!

Yeah, I haven't seen "Hot Fuzz" yet.  It looks really funny.  Anyways, like BlackDeathDamien mentioned, which is also in my morguespace, the lawnmower scene in "Dead Alive".  Although I hated the film, the wire scene in "Ghost Ship", is pretty cool.  Who could forget the splinter scene in "Zombi 2" or the head explosion in "Dawn of the Dead '78".

The decapitation scenes in both "Omens" are my faves!
Also liked the decapitation or half thereof in "Wrong Turn".

Alright Tim now that's what i find hilarious and wierd as hell. I actually put the same exact thing in my morguespace page for my favorite death scene. LOL

Great minds think alike.  smile

For Me That Scene In Suspiria I Think A Youg Girl Had Climbed Inside A Window And Landed On Barb Wire.every Time She Moved She Was Getting Pretty Sliced Up.anyone Remember That Scene?

the pie scene in dead & breakfast was gorey and hilarious

I think Feast had some pretty splatter filled scenes although I thought the movie bit the bullet

Dead Alive was great, humor and gore, does everyone know Peter Jackson directed this film?

DOTD DOD all had pretty good scenes

But EXORCIST unedited version with twisting head and green pea vomit still makes me close my eyes.

Yup, "Dead Alive" was Peter Jackson's second film.

The Thing
when the guy's chest caves in and becomes a mouth and bites the other guys arms off. Then his head rips itself off and grows little legs

A*

Cool deaths on this but i was little shocked want number 1 was
(may be Spoliers)
http://www.maximonline.com/slideshow...r.aspx?film=10

The "Friday the 13th" films are filled with great death scenes.

Hey you can't forget about all 3 Sleepaway Camp movies. They too also have great death scenes.

OOOOOO  What about the First Nightmare on Elm Street

Johnny Depp's death scene was legendary!! The blood to the ceiling gusher was pretty memorable.

What does everyone else think on that one ??

Hey Black Death You Are Right About Sleepaway Camp.i Have Part 2 And I Heard Part 1 Was Even Better!

Yeah, all three of the "Sleepaway Camp" films have some great death scenes in them.  And yes,  Johnny Depp's death scene in "A Nightmare On Elm Street" is one of the best.

The Sleepaway Camp movies were pure gore-filled fun. tongue

The butchering of Francine on Wrong Turn was pretty gorey, and then it shows her missing a leg...

When the gas station dude blows his own head off in The Hills Have Eyes remake.

In TCM: Beginning, when the guy gets his hand cut off, a chainsaw through the chest, and his face is torn off revealing a nasty skull...that was pretty disgusting.

And yeah, the wire scene in Ghost Ship was great.

Day of the Dead comes to mind when that guy gets ripped apart and you see all his guts hanging out.

Not really a death scene but a coming-back-to-life scene. The uncle in the first Hellraiser, I loved it!

Not really horror but exploitation. In Ilsa - The Haremkeeper of the Oil Sheiks there's a guy blown up because he was forced to have sex with a girl that had an explosive in her vagina. The explosion isn't visual but my imagination made that scene great!

The saw scene in "High Tension".