Topic: Wanna See your movie trailer on the big screen? Look inside

As some of you know, I announced a theatrical screening for Deadlands: The Rising a few weeks back. The fine folks here at Horror Movies, even blurbed it on their news page well I have some more good news.

The event is schedule for April 14th 2007 at 9:00pm EST at the Hagerstown 10 cineplex in Hagerstown, MD. Since making my own indie film and seeing so many try to get an audience for their films I want help you out. H-M.ca did alot for me so I wanna return the favor to the indie community.

As of right now I have 3 hours of programming to fill. I have approx 1 hour and 50 minutes between my film and 3 short films I have chosen to screen with it so I need to fill about 1 hour and 10 minutes. So what I am offering is people a chance to submit their trailers for their horror films. I will go through each trailer and I pick a handful to cover 15 minutes of trailer time.

So if you are interested this is what you do.

Cut together a film trailer lasting no longer than 2 minutes and export it as a Hi-Res AVI file. Burn that AVI file to a DVD-R or DVD+R and send it to me. Once I review the trailers if I like them I will string them together on a DVD to be shown prior to the screening of Deadlands: The Rising.

Here is some criteria to meet.

I wanna help out serious indie filmmakers. If you just slapped your movie together and it shows no effort then I don't want to use something like that because it isn't helping to promote the indie community. I am not trying to say no one tries, but there is a lot of bad indie films out there, I mean really subpar and since I only have 15-20 minutes of space I want to really showcase stellar stuff.

Trailers should be horror based, with a serious tone. Comedy horror film trailers are ok too, but the trailer should focus on the horror element as I am trying to set a tone for the night. If your film is available on DVD add that to the end of the trailer

"Now Available on DVD"
Visit www.yourfilmswebsite.com for more info.

The theater projection system is a JVC D-ILA projector w/ SDDS sound. This is one of only 20 projectors in existence and was approved by LucasFilm to show the digital Star Wars prints... So if you can master your Trailers for Surround Sound. Also make sure your exported AVI file is exported as 16:9 (NO FS/4:3 teaser will be shown as it will cause the projectionist to keep changing aspect ratio's) Deadlands is in 2.35:1 so trailers fitting that aspect ratio are best but they should at least be 1.85:1 and must be 16:9 enhanced. Meaning if it were played on a WS TV it takes up the whole screen, no black bars on the side.

Once you have your teasers together send them to me:

Gary Ugarek
12801 Sage Terrace
Germantown, MD 20874 USA

Deadline is March 1st 2007.

I will announce the trailers that will be screening on both H-M.CA and www.playingwithdeadthings.com no later than April 7th 2007.

Also, if you have press kits for your film, I am setting up a table at the theater that night so people can grab info about my film and others. Stickers, T-shorts anything that promotes your film send to me and I will get it to the people coming to the screening.

email me at Deadlandsthemovie@yahoo.com with the subject of trailer if you have any questions.

Re: Wanna See your movie trailer on the big screen? Look inside

Wow, shocked no one wants their teaser played theatrically before an audience. Come on all you indie filmmakers out there, not everyone will give you this chance.

This is awesome, man.  Thanks a bunch for doing this.  I know a lot of people will probably take you up on this wonderful offer.  Me?  I'm still writing the script.  But, I would in a heartbeat.

I'm just developing the idea so there was no chance. Today was the deadline, how many trailers did you get??????

Believe it or not... 1 trailer. All these indie filmmakers and I get one trailer. I thought people would want their stuff shown to a wider audience. Tis a shame.

im not surprised, i am actually surprised you got 1 trailer.

I'm surprised. I also thought that there would be more people interested in showing their work to more people but I'm wrong.