Topic: vampire diaries

The CW Picks Up Vampire Diaries
Source: Variety February 6, 2009

The CW has picked up a pilot based on L.J. Smith's "Vampire Diaries" series of books, reports Variety.

"Vampire Diaries" comes from Alloy Entertainment, the same company whose past book series led to the Dub's series "Gossip Girl" and "Privileged."

Originally published in 1993, "Vampire Diaries" revolves around a young woman whose torn between two vampire brothers. The brothers -- one good, one evil -- are battling for her soul, and the souls of her pals, family and the small town where they live.

The CW has reunited with Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer and "Dawson's Creek" writer Kevin Williamson to executive produce and write. Julie Plec ("Kyle XY") is also on board to write and executive produce.

Warner Bros. TV, where Alloy (which owns the rights to "Vampire Diaries") is set up, is the studio; Alloy's Les Morgenstein and Bob Levy are also executive producers.

source: comingsoon.

I must say I'm excited about this. The books are a lot better than twilight for one...

Re: vampire diaries

sounds good when will it come out? i think I'll check the out the books too!!!

I most definetly agree though i havent read them since i was 14. I just hope the casting is accurate or as close to what they look like as possible

you really should check out the books smile the last one just came out about 2 weeks ago.

They are just trying to cash in on the teen vampire crazy created by Twilight.  When are we gonna get back to the good ole days of vampire movies and not this teen pussy vampire shit? I mean it's the WB for cryin out loud, you know they are just gonna turn it into a lame teen version of True Blood or something to cash in on this new craze.

Forget vampires!! When are we gonna get a werewolf tv series or a decent werewolf movie?!!! Sorry i just love werewolves!!!!:P

jmh don't hurt my vampire diaries please....They are not twilight.

Ummm well there is a werewolf in VampireDiaries...

jmh314 wrote:

They are just trying to cash in on the teen vampire crazy created by Twilight.  When are we gonna get back to the good ole days of vampire movies and not this teen pussy vampire shit? I mean it's the WB for cryin out loud, you know they are just gonna turn it into a lame teen version of True Blood or something to cash in on this new craze.

I couldn't have said it better!!!!

I do like vampires ragxdoll but I just love werewolves!!!! what more can I say?:P I'm deprived LOL!!!

hahaha *sends you a werewolf by scanner* sorry too much coffee

This series was written long before Twilight.

It's only just about to screen in Australia and i'm so excited! I adored the books!

i check the show and i hated it...

ragXdoll wrote:

Really, Did you like the books? What was wrong with it?

Hi Guys,

I don't like this show.This show sounds good when will it come out..

jmh314 wrote:

True. I totally agree with you dude.

Baby_Firefly wrote:
ragXdoll wrote:

i loved the books but they changed the characters so much and even took one out of it.

ragXdoll wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:
ragXdoll wrote:

i loved the books but they changed the characters so much and even took one out of it.

Oh ok. It's still only being advertised here but not actually out yet. I'll take a look but if it's different I will probably hate it as well!

Let me know what you think baby smile

btw have you read the last book of the serie?

I hope the series is good, it starts this coming Thursday and I rather enjoyed the books (for the most part).

ragXdoll wrote:

Let me know what you think baby smile

btw have you read the last book of the serie?

I think so. I read them sooo long ago I don't remember much.

I hear this show is just TERRIBLE much like I thought it would be.

It's not as terrible as I thought it would be. Some of the acting wasn't great, but it was pretty entertaining.

Me and Vampy both watched this; both thought it started off really bad but may have some future value.  She even said it was a 'Twilight' rip-off, and she loves the books and movie.  At least they have a reason why the vamp can be in sunlight- his ring (remember 'Angel' and the ring?).  If they keep away from the mushy teen crap it'll work as a horror series, otherwise it's a teen show with a vamp in it.  Thank Nylarhotep they are not sparkly.

I saw the last 5 min while I was waiting for my show Supernatural to start...  it looked liked it sucked...

azathoth wrote:

Me and Vampy both watched this; both thought it started off really bad but may have some future value.  She even said it was a 'Twilight' rip-off, and she loves the books and movie.  At least they have a reason why the vamp can be in sunlight- his ring (remember 'Angel' and the ring?).  If they keep away from the mushy teen crap it'll work as a horror series, otherwise it's a teen show with a vamp in it.  Thank Nylarhotep they are not sparkly.

i haven't watched it yet. but twilight was more of a rip off of Vampires diaries as it was written years prior.