Topic: Humble Request for Review feedback

I am fairly new to writing here at this fine site.  I am asking if some of you would look over one or three of my reviews and let me know what you think of them.  Do they flow ok, do I give enough info, too much info, do you think my style could be improved somehow?  Could I redo the structure of the review?  It's ok if you disagree with me on whether or not you actually like/dislike the movie as much as I do, but please don't just say "You're an idiot for liking/disliking that movie".  "You're an idiot for making too many jokes" is perfectly fine.  One caveat- monkey references will stay around.

I plan on writing more reviews, and I would like to refine them for the overall enjoyment and information of all here, and feedback is the best way to become a better writer (well, besides keeping writing).

Thank you all!

Re: Humble Request for Review feedback

^^ azathoth I have no grumbles with your reviews, I think they are informative, funny without going OTT and keep the focus on the details of the movie. They're a damn sight better than my reviews (sorry but I know mine suck!smile, don't worry you are good at the reviews.

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

^^ azathoth I have no grumbles with your reviews, I think they are informative, funny without going OTT and keep the focus on the details of the movie. They're a damn sight better than my reviews (sorry but I know mine suck!smile, don't worry you are good at the reviews.

Thank you.  Good to know that I'm not totally off base.

You have monkeys?

I chuckled Out Loud when I read your first few Tokyo Gore Police paragraphs.   Don't feel like you need to recount the plot too much - that's how I avoid doing any kind of spoiling.  this review was a little long for my personal taste, but that might be totally different for others.

My advice is to do what feels good!  That'll keep you writing for the long term. 

Hey, you made me want to see the movie - isn't that the point?

Constantce wrote:

You have monkeys?

I chuckled Out Loud when I read your first few Tokyo Gore Police paragraphs.   Don't feel like you need to recount the plot too much - that's how I avoid doing any kind of spoiling.  this review was a little long for my personal taste, but that might be totally different for others.

My advice is to do what feels good!  That'll keep you writing for the long term. 

Hey, you made me want to see the movie - isn't that the point?

Check out my morgue space for pics of the monkeys.

Yeah, I have a problem with my length.  I try to give it some weight, but I tend to go a tad far on that sometimes, especially when I'm ramped up on a movie.

Whether you like TGP or not, it WILL make an impression on you!  big_smile

Thanks for the feedback.

i like your reviews. Rating of writers is coming as soon as our next major update is done. So people will be able to rate reviews!

Meh smile that's precisely why I am no longer writing reviews. I'm aware I can't do good ones but I don't need anyone else to tell me what I already know. big_smile I'm may be an airhead but I can be savvy.

tongue