Topic: House of Mystery

Does anyone read the Vertigo comic House of Mystery?  Sturges is the writer, Rossi does pencils, and Marzan Jr. the ink.  I am completely addicted to this series, which is now on issue 8. 

The current arc is called "Love Stories for Dead People" and is definitely worth jumping into blind.  It's beautifully drawn and colored.  The main character is Fig, a girl at the center of the intrigue of the House, which is a halfway place for strange people and creatures of all sorts.  She's not sure why she's there, but she is strangely at home.  The House is mainly a bar, where these visitors must tell stories to pay their tab.  The stories include witches, monsters, and all sorts of macabre happenings. 

It's scary and sexy - my two most favorite things.  Anyone?  Anyone????

Re: House of Mystery

I thought this was gonna be about the series Hammer's House of Mystery/Suspense.   Boo!  lol

You shouldn't say boo.  You should go to the comic store.    neutral

I tried to edit my topic line to make you look silly, but it didn't work.  Darnit.

House of Mystery is one of the few comics I pick up hard copies of anymore.  I can't wait to find out what is up with Fig after this issue!

Nope I should check it out though, I hear great things about it.
Halloween and The Walking Dead and Locke And Key (story by Joe Hill) are my faves.

That's right!  I've been meaning to get Locke & Key!!!  Oh Daph, House of Mystery is soooo primo.   I'd send you my back issues if I weren't so darned attached to them. 

Mirthy, were you kind of irked by Fig when she was being stubborn in the basement?

I read this literature .. but personally I am not impressed .. now moved to more serious things ..

sicreative.net (720)-897-7619

Hey Mirthy!  Wasn't the Cress story the best?  Swamp Thing, etc? 
http://www.horror-movies.ca/MorgueSpace/ugallery/cress_small.JPG

I love her and am a little embarrassed to say that I modeled my latest hair style/color after her.

Havent read it yet but i was a big fan of the original.