Topic: SAW Movie Stolen Idea?

Seems there is a lawsuit in the works. I dont even like talking about this kind of shit but when it involves a movie like SAW you have to. The creator of a film called DEN is claiming that the makers of SAW ripped off his movie. The implication ...

Read More : SAW Movie Stolen Idea?

Re: SAW Movie Stolen Idea?

That could very well be true that Saw was takin from that movie. They sure sound alike. Since Den was released in 2001 and Saw in 2004 I wouldn't put it past them to steal someone's idea...

I don't know how lawsuits work, but I just find it to be a little late in the game to start dropping a lawsuit seeing as how they are working on Saw 4. 
I'm just a little surprised that this wasn't brought up earlier.  I guess I have no opinion on the matter right now; best to see how events unfold.

ok this is kinda weird it is possibble that they did take it but look their on Saw 4 and goign on to 5 and 6 if this asshole delaies these movies u no how many ppl r gonna b pissed due to this guy. Hes probably gonna wanna write it direct it produce it alll by him self  who cares theres no need for a lawsuit he shoudl sit downa dn talk to him bout this movie and if they work a deal then they could stop and do w/e

Why do you call him an asshole? He's not an asshole! If he believes what he believes than heh all the best to him and get that piece of pie that is his.

i agree. why is he an ashole? He wasnt rude in his interview at all. He made a solid case, im not saying they DID steal the SAW idea but it sure is similar.

maybe im beign the asshole here but y now he made the movie wat 6 years ago and saw came out in 2004.... so he wait for 3 years to see Saw and say that my movie?? theres sumthing fishy bout it and yeah maybe they did take it but why did he wait this long to coem out and say that?

He probably had a lot of legal council as to the best course of action before coming forward...if he stops the production of Saw 5,6,7 etc.,  I'll send him a personal thank you note!  2 wasn't as good as the original, 3 was just lame and they are only going to get worse as the series progresses (or digresses).

Just my opinion.

i dont disagree at all sick... i only disagree with you calling a guy you and i both know noting about an asshole. If you were in his position, lets say he is telling the truth you wouldnt like folks calling you an asshole.

lets get back on topic, true, untrue, whats everyone's thoughts.

yea im sry bout my verbal abuse on the guy that kinda seems to be my word nowadays he has a soem sort of a point but if i was in his shoes i would have said sumthign when saw came out not when fans out there r waiting for saw 4 to come out

agree... i also wonder why he sat on this till saw 5

I'm not sure if they actually stole the idea from this guy but I hope they did so they stop doing these movies.

Now, why did he wait so long to start the lawsuit? It could have been because he was getting legal council or he was saving enough money for the lawsuit or maybe, just maybe, he was waiting for the franchise to be succesful so he could get a bigger cut? I place my money on the third option, at least that's what I'd do if somebody stole my idea.

I agree he was probably getting all his legal matters together. Now that he has a "case" he is going to go for it. And I also hope he stops the franchise COLD cause I just want it to be  trilogy.

I don't know about this claim but I do know that alot of people think that Saw took alot of ideas from the short in Three Extremes

Yeah, why is he deciding to proceed with this lawsuit in 2007?  "Saw" came out back in 2004.  You can't possibly tell me that the creator of "DEN" has never seen "Saw" until now.  Even if he didn't, the trailer would have been enough evidence alone.  This seems a bit ridiculous.

The legal system can take years. Maybe he did start right after Saw came out but had to be hush hush about and now he can start talking about it.
Who knows, we just have wait and see what happens. Probably nothing will.

That's true, but it still seems like we would have gotten some word about it.  After all, it could have changed a lot of people's perspectives on James Wan and his film.