Topic: Cage wants to be a Fly

For a while now rumors of a remake of David Cronenberg's 1986 remake of the 1958 Vincent Price classic The Fly has been circulating around the community.  Well folks, some very bad news from the folks over at Dread Central. 
David Cronenb...

Read More : Cage wants to be a Fly

Re: Cage wants to be a Fly

cool find. as an FYI when MoviesOnline interviewed Cage there was no mention of the Fly.

I am going to pretend that I did not just read that.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I am going to pretend that I did not just read that.

Great response! I'll do the same to show some support.

The Fly with Vincent Price should have never been remade by Cronenberg in my opinion. Remember the girl in the bar where he breaks the man's arm while arm wrestling...I know her. Who cares.
The original Fly rules.
Help Me! Help Me!

What's this?  <<puts hands over eyes>>

I have never actually seen the original, "The Fly", with Vincent Price.  I think I should.

I've never even bothered to watch the remake..

Cronenberg's film is good.  It has his own unique style and flavor to it.  And really freaky as Goldbloom breaks apart.

I've seen both films and read the short story that they were based on.  While both movies were good there didn't need to be a FLY II.

i need rent the Fly Movies not seen then for Ten years

Your right Shake, the original is way better than the remake. That movie freaked me out when I was a kid.
Yeah the little fly saying "help me... help me" tongue classic

The original The Fly with Vincent Price and Cronenberg's remake are both amazing films.  Another remake is unnecessary and just another attempt to cash in on something which is already amazing, by fooling a young mass of morons.

Anything but Nicholas Cage! PLEASE! The Wicker Man was like acid poured down my eye sockets. Which is precisely what I would do if I was ever forced to watch that horrible piece of trash again.

I'm a big fan of Cronenberg's, "The Fly".

I enjoyed both the original and the remake but come on enough is enough! I mean the only way we can stop this shit is to stop paying to see all these remakes and start supporting independent filmmakers that are putting out original stuff.

On the other hand, it's good to support R rated horror films in theaters.

Yeah, if I wanna see a remake, I'm gonna pay to see it...just not the Fly. Especially with Cage.

The remake was like ewwwwww when I first saw it.  I just hate it when people remake movies.  And  this (if made) will be a remake of a remake.  But  Cage will have to bulk up like Goldbloom did if remade.