Topic: Dollhouse

Who here is watching Dollhouse on FOX??

I'm realy into it. I can look over some mistakes because if FOX doesn't cancel this (*fingers crossed) It will grow to be a great show. Although I do like it now.

Re: Dollhouse

Don't hope for it to stay ROBERTTHUNDER. The ratings have dropped horribly, and is pulling TERMINATOR down with it...

I hope not. I loved the show so far. It's better than some of the crappy tv shows currently showing out there.

True, and Eliza's beauty does add to it, but I don't think she really should be doing television.

I turned it on, but got bored.  Sorry, couldn't get into it.

Good job CONSTANCE

I saw all the episodes so far and I think like everything Joss Whedon does, it holds a lot of promise.  It's an interesting story focused on a colorful and enveloping character with multiple storylines.  It's not a great show, but in time it could be.

I saw the first episode but I havent had time to follow it.  It was just ok I thought.  I'll watch them all on DVD when they come out.

So for those of us who haven't seen it, what is it actually about and is it worth trying to find online?

It's basically about these people who live in a secret facility named Dollhouse. There personalities have been wiped clean so when they need to go out on a mission they are imprinted with new personalities, and skills, etc, from a number of different people to make them perfect for that particular project. When the mission's done they are wiped clean again and have no memory of the past.

I really enjoy the show.

^ Thanks Demonic, I'll add to my list of programmes to watch online when avoiding housework.  big_smile

Never heard of it.  What's it about?

No problem jackalqueen. Hope you like it.

Dollhouse isn't really horror just in case anyone who hasn't watched the show thought it was since it is posted under horror tv. wink

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDcEKo4V7fA[/youtube]

prddad wrote:

Good job CONSTANCE

sheesh!

No goosebumps down my arm? Check. Hmmm if I get goosebumps I'll usually take the chance on something, this didn't & the trailer didn't get me all that excited so I'll think I'll pass on this.

The show is getting better, i'm still crossing my fingers for it to stay.

I've started watching it online.  I didn't like the first episode much but kept watching and either it's getting better or my brain is adjusting to the characters now because I quite like it.  So far, I have to say I preferred Tru Calling though.

Fox really needs to give joss whedon a chance. his work always comes out fantastic in the end. Just takes time to form.

I totally agree.  I personally love Dollhouse and hope they don't cancel it.

It's been picked up for season 2.

I now have an ounce and it's a small ounce of respect for Fox now. It and Chuck back next season... Shit it's going to be a great fall!!!!

eh u guys jsut talk crap....

its not Joss' best, its just meh.... but, i heard fox is wanting to go a head with another season, though, its farkn crap compared to FireFly

but also heard some other cxnt is running fox now, but cant believe everything you read/hear

^  I'm surprised it's been given a second season as well.  Even though I've been watching it, I don't think it was anywhere near as good as Firefly was.

Dollhouse is currently being shown in the UK on Sci-Fi. Haven't got round to watching any of it. This could be the first Joss Whedon show I may watch regularly. It's the kind of show I would watch, compared to Buffy and Angel, although I might watch Firefly some day. Dollhouse sounds very good. I'm glad it's been renewed for a second season. The reviews it was getting in SFX magazine started off as poor to ok, but from the 6th or 7th episode onwards the marks out of five stars shot up. However their review for the first season finale was summed up I would say, with the words 'very good but disappointing'.

It is being released in the UK on DVD in September at the moment (I say that because the BBFC has still to add any of the first season episodes or any DVD extras to it's website yet). I hope they use the same front cover artwork as that for the Region 1 set.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-07-04 13:43:51)