Topic: The Answer to Who Owns the Rights to Phantasm II

Well folks, this isn't really news as a comment about number II.  In the various mentionings of Phantasm around the site II has always been the one that we folks in North American can't seem to get our hands on. 

Question has always been, who owns the rights to it?

Well, I was reading the new issue of Rue Morgue and found the answer:  Universal

Well, we at least we know now who owns it so the mystery is solved.:) 

Hopefully Anchor Bay can nuzzle the rights from them or with the others coming out give it a good DVD treatment.  But then again since Uni hasn't seemed to do much with horror lately outside of Land of the Dead, Altered and I think a few others....can only hope.

Re: The Answer to Who Owns the Rights to Phantasm II

region free players are the way to go, phantasm II has been out for years in the uk:

Widescreen (2.35:1) Presentation Enhanced for 16x9 TVs Stereo 2.0 Optional 5.1 DTS English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing Commentary with Director Don Coscarelli and Stars Angus Scrimm and Reggie Bannister Introduction by Angus Scrimm TV Spots Theatrical Trailer Image Gallery Biographies

... not to mention you can buy earlier releases of overseas dvds, (I received Pan's Labyrinth 2 Disc LE set last week from Korea)... tell universal to shove it!

Re: The Answer to Who Owns the Rights to Phantasm II

Thanks for the info.