Topic: Shyamalan's Next Pic is Happening

After Shyamalan's recently panned film Lady in the Water he had a falling out with Disney and had to take his new script "The Green Effect" to someone else. Apparently no one in Hollywood liked the script and would not give it the greenlight. So Shya...

Read More : Shyamalan's Next Pic is Happening

Re: Shyamalan's Next Pic is Happening

This one sounds interesting, just having read Apocalypse 2012, and for the fact that Lady in the Water sucked big melons!

Man he's sounding abit like Uwe Boll (saying that his new film will be NC-17) even if Night comes out with a film rated R it wont cover up his poor scripts and bad directing and how much do you want to bet that it will have a surprise ending.

I'm not sure why everyone criticises M. Night Shyamalan's writing.  Although the film was terrible, the script for "The Village" was extremely well written.  He's got the knack, just not the right ideas.  It's really a hit or miss with this next film of his.  Hopefully it doesn't bomb like "Lady in the Water".

The Village was okay...wasn't as powerful as Sixth Sense or Signs, but it sure wasn;t as lame as Lady in the Water. Why he chose to tranpose an asian myth as a film I don;t know as opposed to writing his own material. Maybe that's where he went wrong. Maybe he's out of ideas. Maybe he'll surprise the fuck out of all of us in the future. I sure hope so. I respect the man. He took some chances and some paid off. Maybe not being governed by Disney anymore will give him a little more creative freedom. Disney sucks!

I only liked Sixth Sense, was bored to death with Signs and I hated The Village so I couldn't care less what this guy does next.