Topic: asian horror poll

I will probably get a lot of heat for not listing Ringu but I just think these films were the best I could list another 10 that was just as good or close to it.

Audition is my favorite by far, also enjoyed Living Hell and two sisters.

Re: asian horror poll

I'm voting for Audition also

Tale of Two Sisters just because Ab-Normal Beauty wasn't on the list.

I would have to say Audition it sick and twisted and awesome. It hold top spot for me at least till I see The Host.

For me it's a tie for Ichi the Killer and Versus b/c i love both of those movies so much especially Versus dealing with samarai zombies coming to life and the final climax dealing with Good VS Evil. Funny as hell movie and great sword scenes but the zombies in this movie is awesome as hell.

But you forgot 2 of the best Asian horror movies: Audition and Suicide Club and if you haven't seen Suicide Club, the very beginning starts off with 50 school girls standing on the platform waiting for the train and as soon as the train comes by, they all hold hands and count to 3 and all jump at the sametime all getting hit by the train. And then there is another scene where someone takes a tool where he slices off someones skin off and does that to alot of people and turns it into one long roll of stitched skin.

Those 2 movies has to have the best death scenes in a asian horror movie. And also there are many more great Asian horror movies.

wot the hell is odishon?

I just realized and found out now that Odishon is the japanese word for Audition. So i was like you guys and Odishon and Audition is the same movie.

My fave is BioZombie but the best is Versus. I didn't see Wild Zero on that list though, lol.

I Voted ju-On The Grudge also The eye and tale of two sister
i liked to add The Host to list as well

I used the native name for Ju on and Odishon because they were the most popular films if I used all the real names there would have been some confusion smile

And Suicide Club wasn't close to these films, sure it had gore and a nice twist but its a little overrated in my oppinion, I enjoyed the prequel "Noriko's Dinner Table" a lot more but its not really a horror flick but it answers a lot of questions you had in the original.

I liked Oldboy and its sequel.
3 Extremes too there are a lot of good asian horror out there.

I have Oldboy on dvd but still haven't watched it yet.