Topic: Best Horror film Round Robin - the 1930's and before

Hi everyone,

I have really been enjoying the polls on the site and appreciate all the work that has gone into them.  It is really hard to make a definitive list with only a few choices.

So, here is my proposal.  I will submit a number of one on won "battles" to narrow down which film is our all time favourite horror movie.  I will start off with horror movies from the the 1930's and earlier.  So, if you have movies you want to be entered, add them below and I will randomly choose their opponent for round 1.

Please submit your top ten films for consideration.  I will pair off the top 20 requests bases on number of votes for 10 round one battles.  I will keep paring it down until we have 1 winner and a runner up for the time period.  Then it's off to the 1940's!

Here are my 10:

1.  Nosferatu
2.  Dracula
3.  Freaks
4.  Frankenstein
5.  White Zombie
6.  The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
7.  The Mummy
8.  The Invisible Man
9.  The Bride of Frankenstein
10.  The Cabinet of Dr. Calgari

Re: Best Horror film Round Robin - the 1930's and before

I haven't seen all that much from the designated time period, but "Nosferatu" and "Freaks" are high up on my list.

from that list my favorites would be White Zombie and The Bride Of Frankenstein.

I'd have to go with Nosferatu it was a classic plain and simple.

You have a nice top 10 there, I might add Black Cat and Dracula's Daughter but I wouldn't take any of those out.

My favorite is Frankenstein.

Thanks for the replies but I didn't explain myself very well.

What I would like from everyone is their list of movies from the 1930's and before.  I will total the votes for each film to get a top 20, then pair them off for a series of one on one match ups. 

What I am trying to do is get a list that represents all of us instead of lists that only include the films the poster is thinking of at the time.  Often when I read the other polls, there are people that remind the poster of other films they forgot on their list.

You don't need ten films but as many as you consider classics from the time.

Dracula
Frankenstein
The Phantom of the Opera
King Kong
The Bride Of Frankenstein
Nosferatu