Topic: fav mainstream director ?

here are some mainstream director i could think of who do you think would be your fav ?

mine would be tony scott

Re: fav mainstream director ?

outta these, i would definately pic tony scott. but my personal favorite is Tim Burton. He's made some really good movies.

I went with Ridley Scott.  My all time faves are Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarontino... but I don't usually watch mainstream flicks... mainly horror.

Yea to be honest I can't really vote for anyone on here.. All of them have maybe one movie that I like and thats it.. My vote would probably be leaning more towards Nolan though because he is really just a newcomer who has a lot of talent and is just getting geared up..

yeah i would pick quentin tarantino myself.

Heh yea so would I but he is not on the poll.. Tarantino, Rodriguez, Kevin Smith, any of those guys could win my vote..

Mel gibson. All of his films are awesome. One of them being my favorite war movie of all time.

I went with Oliver Stone out of this list because of Natural Born Killers which is an awesome flick

My all time favorite mainstream director is Tim Burton, hands down. He really knows how to make great, unique movies. He's amazing.

Had to go with Scorsese just because he is amazing.

How does Spielberg not make this list?

Yes, Spielburg should have made this list.  Although, I must admit that at the moment he is on my "shit list" because he is helping to produce the upcoming remake of When Worlds Collide.  But in the end, despite the major flaw of producing that remake and making War of the Worlds, he did make many other awesome films to cover those.

Many of his films are incredible (Jaws, Indiana Jones, etc.) But, like shotgun dude I haven't been to impressed with his stuff lately.

I'm gonna have to go with Tim Burton myself..

Burton, Tarantino, Rodriguez and Lars Von Trier (not really mainstream)

I voted for Scorsese, but my personal fav is Kevin Smith, with Tarantino after.

tim burton

Mel Gibson for his such films as The Patriot, Braveheart, and Passion of the Christ.

Quentin Tarantino!!

the guys who made Crank 1 & 2, also Gamer

I voted Oliver Stone but Tarantino for sure!!

Hook is one of my favorite movies so I'd say Steven Spielberg hands down

tough question -
I'm thinking Scorsese, DePalma and Tarantino might have to duke it out to declare a clear winner.

P.S. but if you now consider Cronenberg "mainstream" then he takes my cake LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2010-03-29 20:05:10)

DemonToSome wrote:

I went with Oliver Stone out of this list because of Natural Born Killers which is an awesome flick

Me too.

Martin Scorcese is da man still to this day after 40 plus years of doing this.One example is only needed here The Departed a classic on every sense of the word.All his other works are icings on the cake and just all gravy.