Topic: Rec (2008)

At last this has come out in UK, I am Clad it came this week becaus on same the day got this my brother  brought a 46 inch tv big_smile

i watching this movie on that tv was awesome, it was great not masterpices, i thought it be more scary  then was, it was just little hyped up i say.

i did jump few times, very well made.
Better then cloverfiled i say

What did everyone else think of this movie?
When lame ass remake coming out?

Re: Rec (2008)

I still need to see this movie. I wanna see it so damn bad.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

You and I and anyone else in the United States will be waiting a while to see this movie.  Soooo want to see it though.

TheDudeWithTheShotgun wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

You and I and anyone else in the United States will be waiting a while to see this movie.  Soooo want to see it though.

Hopefully really soon, we will get the chance to see it. We just gotta keep on crossing our fingers for this to be released really soon and i'm talking next month or even in October.

i had no idea it not in US Yet.
i check out iMB and you guys are geting the remake out on 10 october
pray for you guys get this First, i dose not same out when out in the US.

I'm confused, is this another Rec?  Or the original Rec.  Rec was a great movie.

The upcoming movie called Quarantine (2008) which is out on 10 october (US)  is the remake of Rec (2007/8)

Oh yea, I know that, is it the original Rec that you saw?  I loved it!

Never mind lol
I Can't believe remake could come out in the US before they see this one.

That is madness

Long live torrents!

If you have a region-free DVD player you can buy a copy of the original [REC] from a few e-bay stores.

Down with the United States!  Down with Hollywood!  Project Mayhem forever!

HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON!

I thought this was pretty good, but I was maybe expecting a little more.  I did enjoy it though.  I think I did a review for it somewhere on here.

the5thdroog wrote:

I thought this was pretty good, but I was maybe expecting a little more.  I did enjoy it though.  I think I did a review for it somewhere on here.

yeah , i agree i also was expecting more but i can'say it was scary then B:W and Cloverfiled.

It way better Driary of the dead (that wasn't scary) and this was!

Best way watch this (Which i am going today) is by your self in picth black room, door locked and headphones, This movie might scare the hell out of you!

i can't wait to watch it again!

This is best cam movie so far!

Last edited by BASSI (2008-08-15 09:03:32)

I got my copy from the UK in the mail last night and was able to watch it on a region-free player.  I have a review up @ www.frightflicks.blogspot.com, if you're interested.  More importantly, when Filmax sold the rights to the film to the States, they pretty much ensured that the producers of the remake are going to keep the original under wraps until they can make their bones on their product.  It's business, and it stinks.  I am still reeling from how good the last twenty minutes of that movie are, and it's frustrating to think that genre fans are getting remakes and big budget disaster movies like The Happening while a real experience like [REC] goes unseen here.  Fortunately, the good people at zavvi.co.uk/ got it to me in a week for not a ton of cash.

Last edited by rerj73 (2008-08-15 08:44:14)

This movie was fucking great. One of the best horror movies I've seen in years. I really couldn't find a single flaw in it.

This movie is great ive seen it a few times, the end is really quite interesting when you think about it. i just wonder how much of this will be butchered for the american remake.

Great movie! I watched it twice, once by myself, and then with my daughter! Recommended!!! big_smile:D

I am dying to see this film, and maybe even the remake if it gets good reviews.
Could someone lead me the way to a site or sumthin where i can buy it?

T-VirusInfected wrote:

I am dying to see this film, and maybe even the remake if it gets good reviews.
Could someone lead me the way to a site or sumthin where i can buy it?

It depends where you're from but if you can watch region 2 discs, www.play.com has REC for £5.  Quarantine's not available on DVD yet.

i was scanning the canadian amazon site and it has a listing for rec being released on january 27th so i would believe that it is finally being released in north america

I loved this movie, but haven't been able to find it on DVD either.
Online looks to be my only hope.

Zombob wrote:

Great movie! I watched it twice, once by myself, and then with my daughter! Recommended!!! big_smile:D

So did you look at her warily when THAT scene came along? wink Highlight to read:
when the daughter takes a bite out of mom?

When is this coming to region a/free Blu-Ray???
This was such a great film and I want it in my collection.