Topic: Does anyone else remember Thriller with Boris Karloff?

Sci-Fi used to run this like 10 or 12 years ago, Thursdays at midnight. I taped almost every episode. This was easily one of the best horror tv shows ever made, DVDs are criminally unavailable.

Anyone else remember this awesome show? Favorite episodes?

My fav episode was Pigeons From Hell, based on the old Robert E. Howard story. There were some really good ones based on Robert Bloch stories too, I think they were The Weird Tailor, Yours Truly Jack The Ripper, The Devi's Ticket, and I think a few others.

Re: Does anyone else remember Thriller with Boris Karloff?

Sounds strinkingly familiar but I can't specifically say that I do

I did a topic on this months ago but only got 1 reply from survivalist.  i agree hacky a great series, pigeons from hell was great so were some others. love karloff anyway. wish would repreat again.

I never herd of it and i am old i should rememeber. i do have the horror movie boris made that had the very young jack nicholson in it

Hell yes i remember this show, it was fun.
and im planning on buying the dvd set, they are available online if you know where to look.

I've seen it on the gray market too, I loved that show and to a lesser extent, one step beyond, which went public domain and is being sold all over the place in various packages.

I used to record these years ago when Sci Fi first came on the air and showed them in the mid 90's. Seemed to always either veer toward a crime story or a horror tale, you can imagine which of these I always looked forward to. (And Karloff's the man.)

edit - and yes, the Bloch stories are all choice

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-03-28 13:29:31)

If I remember right, there was a really cool episode with Elizabeth Montgomery and Tom Poston as vampires! How's that for a surreal image!, Samantha from Bewitched and George Utely from Newhart as blood suckers.

yeah Hack, but unfortunately the story plays like a comedy - the exterior of that episode is the Bates house from Psycho and the mighty John Carradine appears in it as well - I don't remember caring for the episode all that much, despite the talent hmm

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-04-02 08:29:40)

and by the way -
look for the 1975 TV movie The Legend Of Lizzie Borden
for another unusual turn from Ms. Montgomery