Topic: Inglourious Basterds Cannes

I just got this news from Variety:

Quentin Tarantino's WWII epic Inglourious Basterds has been invited to play in competition at the Cannes Film Festival.

Variety says that Tarantino, a longtime favorite of the French, has accepted the offer and has told the film's backers -- the Weinstein Co. and Universal Pictures -- that the film will be ready for its world premiere during the May festival.

The Brad Pitt starrer, which follows a band of Jewish-American soldiers whose mission is to take down a group of Nazis, will be released on August 21.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am personally excited for this movie and can't wait!

Re: Inglourious Basterds Cannes

HELL YES! I'm looking forward to this movie too.

As good as some of the more current and dramatic WW2 movies like Saving Private Ryan have been, I really miss the old school action oriented approach that was present in movies like The Dirty Dozen, Von Ryan's Express, Kelly's Heroes, Where Eagles Dare (great Iron Maiden song by the way) or the original Inglorious Bastards. Going off the trailer that's been floating around, Inglorious Basterds looks more like these movies than more recent ones.

Plus, if we're lucky, maybe we'll get some twisted Nazi-sploitation style hi-jinks

You konw, I thought of The Dirty Dozen when I first saw the trailer for this with Friday the 13th so I hope it brings back those good ole days of just badass war movies without the tear jerking

i can't wait, it will be film of the year:D

Probably my most anticipated release of 2009.  Can't wait!

Inglourious Basterds was the best film of 2009. Awesome. big_smilecool

Way to dig up my old threads.....try to find more of my old ones, lol

^^LOL. Thanks.