Re: What Upcoming Remake Are You Dreading?

I'm with everyone on the asian remakes.
'The Eye' should've never been touched and some of the other ones just weren't good to begin with.

Nightmare on Elm Street

There can only be one Freddy, anyone else is just a poor substitute. Anyone can be Jason or Michael or Leatherface ( as indicated in all the sequels), but Robert Englund IS Freddy. So much of Robert's physical attributes (body size, body frame, stance, etc.) has been developed into Freddy, it just won't be the same.

I am a true horror fan of all that is cheesy 80's campiness and A Nightmare On Elm Street is the Godfather!  Do I think that the remake is going to be bad?  No, I think it will probably be pretty good if you haven't ever seen the original, but it won't be what it was intended to be = fun mindless gore.  Other movies like Halloween were never supposed to be campy they were made to scare the skittles out of you and that remake was made with that in mind and didn't stray far from the original story.  A Nightmare On Elm Street has crude jokes, laughable kill lines and crazy death scenes.  The remake looks to be a "straight" retelling with the goal to be like the other remakes out there, but that is where it is going to fail true die hards.  Some shows should be left alone and not messed with (I mean could you imagine the uproar if they decided to remake Gone With The Wind).  I will probably watch the remake when it comes out but I won't be replacing my original DVD in my collection, sorry but to me Freddy is and always will be the wonderful Robert E!!