Topic: True Blood

Hey everyone!  Just thought I'd get people's opinions on the show True Blood on HBO.  I wouldn't necessarily categorize this show as "horror".  But it is about vampires, so yea.

So...what do you guys think about it?  big_smile

Re: True Blood

the show has defintely made vampires all the rage right now...this and the movie and now tv series "Twilight..."  "True Blood" was even nominated for best drama...which it may have lost but it's star Anna Paquin won for best dramatic actress, which seemed to surprise alot of peeople considering the competition involved such as Sally Field and Kyra Sedgwick.

I'm not the biggest vampire fan, but I have seen clips of the show and it looks interesting...and Anna's very easy on the eyes tongue

I'm not really a fan of it. It's just a Twilight for adults.

When the show first came out I thought "oh lordy, another vampire thing".  It seemed like it had just been so overdone.  But the show is actually pretty "realistic".  If vampires were real and there was this synthetic blood, what they portray on the show seems pretty realistic to me. 

And I agree lol Anna Paquin is pretty easy on the eyes.  And so is Stephen Moyer smile

I love the show.  It shocked me to no end that Paquin was nominated Best Actress, no less that she won.  She's really good, but the best?  Hm. 

Anyway, it's a great show with a very rich plot.  I wasn't too fond of the whole Jason/Amy subplot, but it had its redeemability with showing what the effects of "v" are.  Tara's adorable, and I really want to see her do well.

i enjoy it alot.  have not watched the season finale yet tho.  my DVR screwed up.

I have never watched it, only thing on TV I watch is Supernatural and MY Steelers play football.
I like Anna Paquin as an actress, I might give it a watch now.

Constantce wrote:

I love the show.  It shocked me to no end that Paquin was nominated Best Actress, no less that she won.  She's really good, but the best?  Hm. 

Anyway, it's a great show with a very rich plot.  I wasn't too fond of the whole Jason/Amy subplot, but it had its redeemability with showing what the effects of "v" are.  Tara's adorable, and I really want to see her do well.

Yea I agree...Paquin is good, but I don't know about the best.

I really like Tara's character too.  Hopefully good things are coming her way.

Love it!

The thing I like about it is that I get to go home and watch it with my dad, who doesn't usually like things horror or associated with horror.

Its fukin awesome !
Cant wait 4 season 2!
Get it watched twistedsista! lol:cool:

adamroddis wrote:

Its fukin awesome !
Cant wait 4 season 2!
Get it watched twistedsista! lol:cool:

I promise i'll start today !  I've still got 4 seasons of Dexter to watch AND Lost starts on Sunday !

ooooo I wish there was two of me:lol::lol::lol:

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I'm not really a fan of it. It's just a Twilight for adults.

Oh my, I do not believe that for a second. You can not compare the two except for the Vampire factor.
(note: The following was edited by my son Jacob who is a rabid vampirephile)

Murder, mystery, rampant sex, and more supernatural creatures then you can shake a stake at.
Sookie has been around for sometime and has alot more going for her than little Bella.

And the Trublood vampires are completely different than the Twilight vampires. The Trublood vampires do not sparkle in the sunlight(which is stupid) they die like NORMAL vampires. They are also twenty times stronger than the Twilight vamps,they could kick their litttle sparkling asses.The Trublood Werewolves can also kick the Twilight werewolves ass(even though the twilight werewolves are only shapeshifters) .
You really should give True Blood a second chance unless vampires are not your cup of blood, er, tea.

^^^

Well said!  And like I said earlier, the vampires and characters on True Blood are a lot more "realistic" than the ones in Twilight.  I agree with the sparkling thing...I mean honestly, what the hell is that lol, it's pretty cheesy.

smile I love it and really looking forward to seeing the second season smile Has anyone read the books? " The Sookie Stackhouse Novels" written by Charlaine Harris? If you really enjoyed the first season, i really reccomend getting them smile I enjoy the series and i have to be honest, i thought it was going to be another MOONLIGHT, which i could never get into...after watching the first epi i was hooked:)

My mom and sister tried to no avail to get me into Moonlight.  No, I haven't read any of the books, but I'm thinking I might.  Thanks, Green Eyes.

I def am going to read the books.  I heard they are incredible as well.  And plus I need my Sookie and Bill fix until the next season! lol

I thought the show was one (of the few) saving graces for HBO this past season.  It started out a little slow, but really picked up.  And it's got one kick-ass of a theme song!!  "I Wanna Do Bad Things With You."  And it's not just vampires:  they introduced a shapeshifter in season one and the way I understand it there will now be a werewolf for season 2.  I can't wait!!

I love how Bill says "Sookeh" 
Meeeow!

The whole title sequence is really good.  It reminds me a little bit of something Rob Zombie would do, but with more religious imagery thrown in.

To all who have not read the books, READ EM!!!!!
Charlaine has two more Sookie Stackhouse coming out this year.
Dead and Gone in May and Grave Secret in October.
Love these books.
The books give a better insight into Sookies character.
She is so funny.
I really think you would enjoy the books.
Just remember to try and keep the two separated.
The differances can chap your ass.

I know I'm arriving late to this party but I've just started watching this and I'm really enjoying it!  Vampires, blood, sex, nudity and a great theme song - what more could you ask for in a TV programme...?  Oh yeah... it even has a good storyline  big_smile  lol

At first, I thought the concept was retarded, but the more I watched, the more I started to like it. I can't wait for Season 2 in June.

Read the books you all

We highly recommend the books.  A lot less emotional crap going on, more mystery and action.  The first season followed the 1st book fairly well.  Sookie in the show is more annoying than in the books, though.  "Twilight" for adults?  Not even close.  Speaking of which, is it incorrect (or insert your own word here) for a 200 year old vamp (even if he looks high school age) to date a high school girl?

azathoth wrote:

We highly recommend the books.  A lot less emotional crap going on, more mystery and action.  The first season followed the 1st book fairly well.  Sookie in the show is more annoying than in the books, though.  "Twilight" for adults?  Not even close.  Speaking of which, is it incorrect (or insert your own word here) for a 200 year old vamp (even if he looks high school age) to date a high school girl?

I'm assuming you mean Edward in Twilight here because the guy in True Blood looks nowhere near high school age.  If so, he's technically only 90-ish because he was turned during the Spanish Flu pandemic, which happened in 1918.  I'm only guessing here but I think this is how it works - Part of him will always remain a teenager because he never knew what it was like to grow up to be a man.  He's therefore going to be drawn to someone his own 'age' because that is the only age he knows how to be and is more comfortable with...plus, it would look worse if he was dating a 90 year old woman. lol

To answer your question, I don't see that age makes any difference, in vampires or humans, as long as both are old enough to understand the consequences of their actions.