Topic: 'Mutant Chronicles' (2009)

Synopsis: In a future ravaged by war between four global corporations, soldiers unknowingly unleash a more dangerous foe: marauding hordes of deadly mutants from the underworld, hell-bent on destroying all human life. A select group of soldiers is recruited to find the source of the mutant scourge and destroy it once and for all.

Cast: Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, John Malkovich, Sean Pertwee, Devon Aoki, Benno Furmann, Pras, Anna Walton, Shauna Macdonald, Tom Wu, Steve Toussaint, Luis Echegaray

This seems like a great idea to me. Can't lose with John Malkonvich and Devon Aoki makes me drool. discuss.

Re: 'Mutant Chronicles' (2009)

This is upsetting. John Malkovich is going to be sad when this movie flops.

You have no code.

Of course I do, just like Sturm.
est solaris oth mithas

see?

Not to burst anyone's bubble smile but this came out on the 10th of October 2008, I was going to see it but never bothered. Kind of wish I had now sad oh well there's always the DVD big_smile

tongue

ohhh....sorry I am made of fail sometimes

Venomous Nightshade wrote:

Not to burst anyone's bubble smile but this came out on the 10th of October 2008, I was going to see it but never bothered. Kind of wish I had now sad oh well there's always the DVD big_smile

tongue

^Proof that it must have flopped, because I never fucking heard of it.

smile it's ok I make mistakes (alot), been called a dunce more than once, so it's my first time at getting something right tongue

big_smile

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:

tongue

^Proof that it must have flopped, because I never fucking heard of it.

lol at EBK

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

If you appreciate Horror/Comedies then you will certainly enjoy this movie.........:D

Looks like a horrible sci-fi movie, which is a shame because it's got some really good actors in it. Will check it out one day, just for Thomas Jane and Ron Pearlmen.

I am sorry but this movie was really good. I really enjoyed the choice of cast. the storyline and the cinematography, which at the beginning was a bit quick, (though this had its reasons) then I got more into it as the movie progressed. Don't put things down because you haven't heard of or seen it. After all I am sure there are a lot of things that you don't know.

Just want to say a BIG Thank You Cemetarygirl, been thinking of seeing this movie. Won't be long before it graces the DVD wasn't sure wherever or not to get it for a friend's b'day but after what you said I'm gonna do that. Thanks Cemetary for giving me the insight I didn't have big_smile

xxX

Just want to say a BIG Thank You Cemetarygirl, been thinking of seeing this movie. Won't be long before it graces the DVD wasn't sure wherever or not to get it for a friend's b'day but after what you said I'm gonna do that. Thanks Cemetary for giving me the insight I didn't have big_smile

xxX

To Cemetarygirl and Nightshade: What do you make of all the knee jerk reactions?
I had not heard of this movie until this evening. It was a trailer on "The Shuttle" dvd,.
And let me tell you this is something I would watch.
Haven't checked for a website, came here 1st to see what the in-crowd thought/knew about it.
Seems not many have seen it.
So someone tell me what you know.:P

BTW Sin Eater are those dragon wings and are they copyrighted? It would make a great tat.

Last edited by mothermayhem (2009-04-10 18:27:15)

Hi Mother! Sometimes people are just tooooo clever and expect that they are the 'go to' person for info, even without having the full picture. The movie is not for everyone-granted but it is a great piece of cinema and must have been awesome on the big screen. I have watched it twice so far as so much is going on that one has to let the storyline and the atmosphere sink in. The film uses costumes from the forties and the atmosphere is dense with a world gone mad. A victim of that which we have created vs what we can become. The cast are a mix of mostly English and American actors with European and Asian actors too. The story is strong and the fighting great. Thomas Jane is the hero and he makes the ultimate sacrifice to achieve his goals-Oh and if by that you think I mean his life-well you might be wrong.
This movie has trench warfare, an apocalyptic Earth, amazing mutants created by a big scary machine. Flying crafts that look like Jules Verne  created them and again a strong and great cast and in this ensemble many die to save the future. Not bad for the price of a ticket.

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-02 18:32:28)

It's playing on HDNet movies April 22 if anyone's interested.

And, by the way, Box Office Mojo says it premieres in theaters April 24 in the U.S., so it could be a while for the DVD.

not enough reviews to mean much yet but so far the film has a 70% approval rating based on 2 reader reviews http://www.horror-movies.ca/the_tomb.ph … chronicles