Topic: 300

I just got back from seeing "300".  Damn, the theater was packed.  Anyways, I thought the film was way overhyped but still pretty good.  The FX were unbelievable.  Zack Snyder really took a step up from "Dawn of the Dead".  Basically, it's what the "Lord of the Rings" should have been.  I might pump out a review, but chances are slim due to the time.  Has anyone else seen this yet?

Re: 300

no i havent, but my friend said it was good..but said Troy was better..guess i'll have to find out.

I heard it takes itself too seriously and is laughable. I'll wait for the DVD.

Yeah I saw 300 yesterday and I thought it was a damn good movie
I also didn't get wrapped up with all the hype though.
STEVE!!!

I saw it last night and my thought:  "This is what story telling is all about!"  I can't say one bad thing about this movie and I was glad that I went to the theater and saw it on the big screen with a booming sound track.  I will set up a reveiw for this later today.

there are a ton of reader reviews on MoviesOnline, it seems to be the majority thought it was awesome http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_reviews.php?movie=4928

Don't get me wrong, this film was wonderfully done.  See this one on the big screen.  You won't be dissapointed with that experience.  The only thing I didn't like, was all the hype that was surrounding this film.  I mean, I heard people saying "This is the best movie I've ever seen"... hardly.  But, I think it's going to have a huge impact on where filmmakers will go next.  Visually, this film is going to be hard to beat.

I saw it Friday night.  That was the best epic war/action movie I have seen in a long time.  Gerard "Gerry" Butler was soooooo hotttt.  I have loved him since I saw Dracula 2000 and Phantom of the Opera.  I loved the way the hole movie looked. If you have not seen it yet..... go!!!!! ok im done smile

Well I have a day off and I'm bored so I may just head down to the Paramount and pay the pricey 13.50 to see this. But if I'm disappointed, then you guys owe me!

I admit I only paid $10 for 2 tickets with a coupon.  And another $9 for two soda's and a bag of popcorn...

My Monster went with a group of manly men and they really enjoyed it. I read the comic and he said it was really good like the comic, better:) well done, intense.

I really want to read the graphic novel.  Sounds better than the film.

Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about.  I payed $6.50 to get in.

Wow. Pretty expensive tickets. Here in Mexico are about $4.50 dollars ($45 mexican pesos). Anyway, about the movie... I'm really expecting to watch this movie in the theater because of sound and visuals, the story doesn't really interest me (being far away from reality).

In Vancouver, Canada the Paramount Theatre charges ridiculous money for films and they never have matinee prices or discounts. The place is fucking huge and it needs to pay its rent, I guess. I think I'll boycott it from now on after hearing what you guys are paying.

DOWN WITH PARAMOUNT IN VANCOUVER!

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-03-13 02:37:49)

Yeah tickets are pricey as hell all over the country. Pretty much no matter where you go. Well here in Chicago, tickets cost $9.50. I don't mind paying that much as long as it's movies that i really want to see.

here tickets are also 9.50 but what really pises me off is the $5 coke and the $5 popcorn.

Thank god for matinee prices.  smile

Anyway. I saw the movie and well I liked it. Visually it's stunning. Acting well done. Gore extremely well done. I even stayed for the end credits.
I'd recommend seeing it in the theatre - oh it was RWS (really wide screen?) and super DVS or something like that - (Digital Victorious Sound!)

Here in Mexico the wednesday shows are only $2.50 (dollars). Hehehe...

Here in Sacramento we hav an I-max where the screen in like 6 stories tall or something like that and that is like $15 per person, a regular movie theatre is $9.50 or a matinee is $6.50. I buy all my movie tickets at my local Costco so no matter what time I go it's still only $6.50. I have yet to see 300 but based on what you guys said I may have to go this weekend. I was actually waiting to see what all you horror fiends thought of it before I spend my hard earned dough.

Good flick, it kept the feeling from the graphic novel.  Gave me the same feeling of honor that I came out of Braveheart with.  Well done.

I really wanted to see "300" in an imax theater.  That would have been a great experience.  The only films I've seen in imax, are the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.  Let me tell you, that was a waste.

Sorry about putting this stopic in the "General Horror Movie Discussion".  I know it doesn't belong here, but Zack Snyder is obviously well known for his "Dawn of the Dead" remake, so I thought it was appropriate.

I still don't know when this movie is coming out here in Mexico! I'm definetly gonna watch it in the theaters. Eye candy. big_smile