Topic: Dead Space Review

Horror is a genre of video games that seems to come in spurts.  You get a bunch and then dont get any until suddenly a new wave of them is unleased.  Recently EA's survival horror game Dead Space looked to jump start a heavy slate of h...

Read More : Dead Space Review

Re: Dead Space Review

Only real downside is the game is pretty short.  I finished in a little over 10 hours on medium difficulty.  Just seemed to go by too fast.

adamroddis wrote:

correct me if im wrong but i don't think theres bin a single cut scene so far, its all in game. theres nobig epic cgi scenes, its refreshing !

You are right.  No cut scenes, everything takes place in the game.  You can always move around and do things while people are talking and storyline is being unfurled.

I'm playing through this game on hard, and it's probably one of the best games I've ever played. Great review by the way. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

^Hey thanks.  its always more fun to review a game when you enjoyed it.  It ranks up on my list of great games, probably below Bioshock and Doom 3. 

I dont know if you are far enough to have found it yet, but if you are have you played the Zero-G basketball yet?  That was kind of fun.  Killed a good 20 minutes getting through all 6 levels of that in order to get the achievement for it.  lol

No, I'm only in the 5th act. But everything so far has been great.

Awesome, I was hoping this would be a good one

It's just the right mix of horror and action. I love it.

Still haven't had a chance to play this, but thanks for sharing the review.  I might have to make some time for it this weekend.  Thanks also for the playing at night reccomendation.

ok jmh314  ive got to ask what is ,in your opinion,the scariest game youve played -ever?

Doom 3

jmh314 wrote:

Doom 3

yeah that would have gotten my vote too altho silent hill came close in the running-it got me a few times

finally got my copy (damn play.com!!) 
wow!! it looks awesome - i found myself mesmerized by a meteor storm going on outside the ship last night!!
the atmosphere is intense - you can always hear something scuttleing about around the corner!
had a few good scares as well - i'm a little more wary of things that look dead!!

i haven't been known to play the horror games but I am enjoying this one quite a bit.  the graphics are amazing, i'd say the best I've seen but I still can't get past the shoulder camera view thing.  I hate that, they should offer a FP view in the settings.

Glenn-BoB wrote:

i haven't been known to play the horror games but I am enjoying this one quite a bit.  the graphics are amazing, i'd say the best I've seen but I still can't get past the shoulder camera view thing.  I hate that, they should offer a FP view in the settings.

a lot of times first persons are turned down for horror becaues you lose peripheral vision in FPS with the "over the shoulder style you see whats ahead but also whats far left or right for those sneaky moments

I just got a copy today and am about to start it,my question though is this,I also have Dead Space Downfall(movie) should this be watched before or after playing?

thanks

razr

razr_man wrote:

I just got a copy today and am about to start it,my question though is this,I also have Dead Space Downfall(movie) should this be watched before or after playing?

thanks

razr

I think the movie is more of a prequel - just to give you an idea of what happen on the ship before you arrive.

I've just finished this last night ( it took me so long because i got to chapter 6 and lost all my saved game data and had to start again!! gggrrr!)

This had to be one of the best games i've played for a long time. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Issacs death scenes were original, and the goriest  i think i've ever seen!!
This was one of my favs.......

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y48BFJtqGq8

tongue:D:D

razr_man wrote:

thanks

razr

Quite a crappy movie, to be honest.

Great game though. But not sure if it sold enough units to warrant a sequel, especially with EA's troubles.

Dead Space Downfall isn't too bad, it's a prequel to the game, ending as Isaac's shuttle is arriving at the Ishimura. Quite a few holes in the story between the movie and game though... Don't expect the necromorphs to back off when you're near the Marker like they do in the movie tongue And don't expect to find that badass laser saw they all use in the movie, it doesn't exist in game.