Topic: Alexandre Aja Directing Piranha Remake?

Alexandre Aja burst onto the scene a couple of years ago when he directed his debut film High Tension. A very fast paced and gory tale of a woman gone absolutely insane. Then of course he came to the states and took over the reigns of The Hills Have ...

Read More : Alexandre Aja Directing Piranha Remake?

Re: Alexandre Aja Directing Piranha Remake?

Dammit, beat me to it Goon tongue

I admit I liked Dante's original film and Aja did a good job with HILLS so though I will hate this film for being a remake, I will hopefully like it for being fresh.  I heard rumors up to a year ago I first heard of this being remade with another director attached, forget who it was.  Upside of a remake to this would be Pirhana getting a reissue hopefully, can't find it anywhere...and maybe II: The Spawning.

50-50 I say on this thing moving forward.  Aja is definatly a rising star in the genre and he has had great success finacially (and critically with the horror hounds) so it might move forward with him. 

Killer aquatic life seems to be all the rage nowadays, from Rogue, Supercroc, Supergator, and a few other low budget fairs. 

Now we just need a massive monster or giant bugs and I will be happy smile

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-03-14 13:34:12)

I just hope the piranha are fake looking CGI in this one. I liked teh original Piranha and it's sequel The Spawning with Lance Henriksen in it.

I'm seeing lots of nudity and gnawed on bodies in this remakes future, I have really enjoyed everything Aja has done so far for us gorehounds so I for one am excited to see this remake.

I liked the original "Piranha", so, of course, it's a shame to hear it's going to be getting the remake treatment.  Hearing that Alexandre Aja might direct, settles my nerves a bit.

Well, I'm not sure I agree with the CGI piranhas but I definetly agree with Aja directing it. The thing is, he has to stop doing remakes and getting more original stuff out so he can become more famous. I just found out that he's directing a movie named "Mirrors", it's a remake isn't it?

I liked the original and I've loved Aja's work so far but you all know how I feel about remakes.

I've never heard of an original film, titled "Mirrors".  I get what your saying, though, Kruz.  At least he's got his name on something original, "P2".  That sounds like a kickass flick.

the original trailer for piranha is on terrofeed, its class http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … 978trailer A movie that is simlar that is pretty good is FrankenFish you should check it out if you have not. I will review it on my morguespace.