Topic: Twilight fans...help me...

How many books are there?
What are they about?
The first is the romance between vampire and non vampire...is the next one about werewolves?
fill me in, thanks wink

Re: Twilight fans...help me...

Ok not a fan here lol but I am pretty darn sure there are 4 books in the series thedead in order:
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn, hope that helps hun x

(also Midnight Sun might be the fifth if according to Wikepedia it is published. But it would be the first story 'Twlight" retold from Edward Cullen's Point of view) lol hope this helps!

And the second book in the series is best explained through this lol, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Moon_(novel) but it does seem to be a merge of Vampires & Werewolves together. LOL, hope this all helps.

Oh and don't forget true Romance, making hard decisions, deciding what path to take. Those kind of novels. big_smile

& feel free to tell me to shut up lol!

smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-04-25 09:17:19)

I hear the second movie is going to be very dark and scary, unlike the first. I am excited.

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Ok not a fan here lol but I am pretty darn sure there are 4 books in the series thedead in order:
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn, hope that helps hun x

(also Midnight Sun might be the fifth if according to Wikepedia it is published. But it would be the first story 'Twlight" retold from Edward Cullen's Point of view) lol hope this helps!

And the second book in the series is best explained through this lol, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Moon_(novel) but it does seem to be a merge of Vampires & Werewolves together. LOL, hope this all helps.

Oh and don't forget true Romance, making hard decisions, deciding what path to take. Those kind of novels. big_smile

& feel free to tell me to shut up lol!

smile

Yes there are 4 Books. New Moon is more about losing true love and Bella's relationship with Jacob Black (and the werewolves) after the Cullens leave. And so on... I don't want to give too much away. smile

yep 4 books and the 2nd is about Werewolves.

Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn

New Moon focuses a lot on the werewolves, and Eclipse focuses on bella trying to choose between Edward and Jacob, and I won't give anything away about Breaking Dawn. smile

I love you Daph, but I feel morally obligated, not to help you in this self-destructive behaviour!:D:P

lol pOSSUM...Smooch thanks for lookin out for me.

Thanks everyone I was wondering if I might want to read these books...I might wink

roll:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I liked them.  big_smile  They're aimed at a younger audience, and they're not the best written books you'll ever read but they are not as bad as people would have you believe either. 

Twilight: Love story between Bella & Edward
New Moon: Edward leaves, Bella turns to Jacob and the werewolves
Eclipse: Bella has to choose between Edward & Jacob, while trying to heal the rift between the vampires & werewolves
Breaking Dawn: Bella & Edward get married, then the vampires & werewolves have to join forces when a common enemy threatens all their lives.

Breaking Dawn is the best of the four, although it also has the lamest sex scene I've ever read.  Without looking the book out, it goes along the lines "She looked at him, he looked at her, he closed the bedroom door.  Next morning...blah blah".  lol

lol thanks big_smile

jackalqueen wrote:

Breaking Dawn is the best of the four, although it also has the lamest sex scene I've ever read.  Without looking the book out, it goes along the lines "She looked at him, he looked at her, he closed the bedroom door.  Next morning...blah blah".  lol

Breaking Dawn is by far my favorite as well (I've read it quite a few times). Although I have to agree that the sex scenes are lame, but then again these books are aimed towards a younger audience and Stephenie Meyer is a Mormon..... but my dirty mind made up for the boring scenes anyway wink.

I'm reading them verrrrrrrrrrrry slowly because they are good, but not reader good.  Know what I mean?  My cousin reads NOTHING but reads these.

jackalqueen wrote:

I liked them.  big_smile  They're aimed at a younger audience, and they're not the best written books you'll ever read but they are not as bad as people would have you believe either. 

Twilight: Love story between Bella & Edward
New Moon: Edward leaves, Bella turns to Jacob and the werewolves
Eclipse: Bella has to choose between Edward & Jacob, while trying to heal the rift between the vampires & werewolves
Breaking Dawn: Bella & Edward get married, then the vampires & werewolves have to join forces when a common enemy threatens all their lives.

Breaking Dawn is the only one i havent read yet. Its disappointing to hear about the lame sex scenes. My buddy told me about the whole bella giving birth and edward ripping her stomach open.

violence and gore just doesnt happen without good sex sad

Last edited by Rottenvomit (2009-05-26 03:33:33)

I actually read all 4 of them last year.. didn't see the movie though. The books themselves are actually pretty good. I was surprised. A couple buddies of mine read them too.. and liked them. One being a huge bouncer and one being a tat artist. I guess my point is.. the books are decent.. it's the fans that aren't.lol.. sorry .. But that can be the case with anything . Super short reader's digest condensed version .. the books center around Edward and Bella .. and their relationship. Yes the 2nd book deals with werewolves as do the 3rd and 4th .. but it isn't about  really about werewolves.. The little twist in the plot .. also known as Jacob happens to be a werewolf ... so the story then leads down that path . Biggest focus of the series though is the relationship between Edward and Bella, and the trials and tribulations resulting from a human dating a vampire...

I've never even cracked a twilight book, but I can tell you all about harry potter though (:

suriasys wrote:

I've never even cracked a twilight book, but I can tell you all about harry potter though (:

So i'm not the only grown man on here that has read all 7 of them then? lmao

lol, nope. I read the first one in like the 10th grade too so I was never that young. I've always been a big fan of magic, and pretty much anything that defies your average reality. And my boy warwick davis is in all the movies. I can't wait for the half blood prince to come out, the latest trailer I saw for it looks pretty damn dark and awesome.

anyone willing to share a 1 paragraph overview of each book? I am interested in reading it and posting as news so those of us who are NOT twilight fans can get the coles note one paragraph take on each book and what its all about