Topic: The Ninja Turtles are coming back baby!!

I don't know about you guys but I love them ninja turtles.  Always have and always will.  Hell I was even there first day of that last cgi release.  Anyway, I read this this morning.

According to Variety, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be returning to movie theaters everywhere.

This new film is slated to be live action and it will focus on the origins of the characters. The plan is for the film to come out in 2011.

Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael as well as their master Splinter are all set to be in this new film.

This week marks the 25th year that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been a franchise.

The Mirage Group and Legendary Pictures are going to be making this project. Financing will come from Lightbox Productions.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles first came on the scene in comic book form in 1984.

Cannot wait, hopefully they bring the shredder back too.

Re: The Ninja Turtles are coming back baby!!

cool I love the ninja turtle movies and the cartoons. I even still have a lot of action figures.

I remember liking them back in my early-mid teens -- around '84, '85 -- but in '86 a friend of mine introduced me to a rip-off called Adolescent Radio-Active Black Belt Hamster which, honestly, I thought was far better than the turtles ever were.

No, seriously, not making them up.  Google 'em, you'll see.

Holy shit Lon, you AREN'T lying.  That's hilarious.

LoudLon wrote:

I remember liking them back in my early-mid teens -- around '84, '85 -- but in '86 a friend of mine introduced me to a rip-off called Adolescent Radio-Active Black Belt Hamster which, honestly, I thought was far better than the turtles ever were.

No, seriously, not making them up.  Google 'em, you'll see.

That pretty much sounds like the greatest thing ever. Who wouldn't want to see radioactive black belt hamsters?

They were pretty cool.  You had Clint, Bruce, Chuck and Jackie, if I remember correctly.  Obviously they were named after action movie stars.  The Turtles were cool in that when they came along you'd never really seen anything like them, but there wasn't really anything there to really enjoy; ARBBH actually strove to entertain their readers with humor, wit and action.

They were kind of like Gonzo on the Muppet Show -- they never got the attention they deserved.  But the Hamsters never dated chickens, either, so I guess maybe they're not exactly like Gonzo.  Say, you know who likes chickens?  Rip.  Because he's from Georgia and that's just how they are down there.

I'm kiddin', I'm kiddin'.  Mazel.

I have been a TMNT fan since the mid to late 80s and to this day, hold that love true in my heart, I will be at this new movie when it premieres

I've been a fan since the 80's myself..can't wait for this...oooh yeahhh! big_smile

You can get the 25th anniversary action figures in stores. They come in the original old school boxes and you have to break the weapons apart cause they all come attached

While i am a huge fan I will say I dunno about another live action turtles movie. Wasn't part III bad enough?