Topic: Saw 3 Trailer Called Off! To Graphic!

You know we love to give it to you straight and to the point. So you cant get much straighter then straight from LGF. Turns out the Saw 3 trailer that was going to play in theatres before crank wont be... or at least MIGHT not be. Why? To graphic!

Get the whole low down.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6393.html

Re: Saw 3 Trailer Called Off! To Graphic!

Sounds like a load of bullshit if you ask me.. I mean if it was to graphic to show before Crank we won't ever see it in theatres. Crank is rated R so if its to graphic for R than we will never see it in theatres..

Good point Goon.  But, isn't there enough time for them to go back and shave off a few seconds or something that is needed to get the R if SAW III doesn't make the cut for R?

Goon you do make a good point. Why is a clip from an R rated film not able to be run during an R rated film. Unless of course SAW 3 has unrated content that wont even make the final cut?

This makes me fuckin nuts. The reason to me for even having Saw III is to have all that gruesomeness in it because of the graphic nature of this type of film.
I hope it's left intack without being cut and for the trailer  not being shown with another R rated movie is total bullshit

To be clear LGF when they emailed me did not say they were going to edit the movie. only that they could not show the trailer before crank because the opening scene was just to graphic.

ok So that could be a good thing then...... We have to wait to see the movie before they show the opening scene in a trailer.

That didn't make a whole lot of sense there even to me LOL
I meant
We have to wait to see the movie instead of seeing the opening scene in a trailer

There not goint to edit it?  How will it ever be able to get an R rating if it cant be shown before a viewing of another R rated film like Goon had stated earlier?  Then again, now were looking at a Saw 2 sort of opening scene which IMO was a kickass way to start off that film.

I thought this was an intersting article. Forget the trailer, evidently the whole movie is too graphic.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6101704.stm

Film fans faint at Saw III show 

The Halloween horror hit Saw III was released on Friday in the UK
Staff at a UK cinema have had to call emergency services three times in one night because of a spate of people passing out during horror film Saw III.
One woman was taken to hospital and two other adults were treated by medics after fainting in Stevenage, Herts.

And in a separate case, a man collapsed at a cinema in Peterborough, Cambs, "due to the film's content".

"If you know you're squeamish, don't go," warned a spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service.

"This is obviously a blood-thirsty film. Some of the scenes are fairly horrific," Matthew Ware told the BBC News website.

All the incidents took place on Friday evening, one of the busiest nights of the week for emergency crews, he added.

Discharged

"Taking three ambulances out of the system on a Friday could potentially be a problem", said Mr Ware.

A woman in her 20s was discharged from the Lister Hospital in Stevenage after being treated.

And the two other cinemagoers - who had been at the town's Cineworld complex - were left "in the care of friends and relatives" without needing to be taken to hospital.

A man aged 34 fainted at the Showcase in Peterborough, Mr Ware said.

There was also a case of a 22-year-old woman passing out at Cineworld in Cambridge on Friday, but it had not been confirmed that she was watching Saw III, he added.

The slasher movie is currently number one in both the UK and North American box office charts.

A spokeswoman for the Cineworld chain said they did not wish to comment.

Greg wrote:

A man aged 34 fainted at the Showcase in Peterborough, Mr Ware said.

LOL WTF

i dont know sounds like a gimmick greg. Remember when this happened with HOSTEL?

I was thinking it was some kind of a gimmick too. It just doesn't sound real.

I dont know.  I've seen Saw 3 and it's easily the most graphic film to hit theatres in a very long time.  That being said, the gimmick could turn out to be true.

would you say it is moore graphic then hostel? Me thinks i need to go see saw 3.

I know I can't wait to see it