Topic: [REC] Finally Coming to DVD in North America

Alot of you have bitched endlessly about the lack of a North American release for {REC} but it seems at long last its coming. Fangoria is reporting the movie will be release July 14th on DVD. It will be presented in both the original Spanish and...

Read More : [REC] Finally Coming to DVD in North America

Re: [REC] Finally Coming to DVD in North America

By North America you mean the States?

It's on the shelves (and has been for awhile) in Quebec.

I, of course saw REC at Fantasia in September and shat my pants along with a theatre full of Frenchmen.

Yeah I've had this movie for months, in Quebec.

Is this what that cthulhu-awful movie Quarantine was based off of?

Yes it is Wired. Never seen Quarantine so cannot comment but [REC] imo was an excellently done movie smile

Quarantine was done really well, in my opinion.  I'm one of the most nit-picky horror fans out there, and I take great offense at cop-outs, whether it be an entire movie, or even just the way one scene can be portrayed in a "re-make".  Not having seen [REC] first, I honestly went in to Quarantine with an attitude of skepticism, but it wasn't long before I was totally digging it.  I must admit, I do get sucked into the pretentious (I'm so much a better fan than this is a movie) moments, where all of a sudden I'm a professional critic, but when a move gets me at an early point, I'm gonna give benefit of the doubt, and I stand by my decision...Quarantine was cool.  Gonna check out [REC] as soon as it hits the shelves, naturally.

I live in Ontario Canada and picked this up like 6 months ago, you can find it pretty match anywhere.

I have been dying to see the original, so this is great news.  I have seen Quarantine, and overall enjoyed it, so I am curious to compare it to the original.  But it is bothersome that here in the states, a film can be remade, released theatrically, and then released to DVD, long before the original even gets a stateside release date.

REC is like 100 times better than Quarantine, which in itself wasn't a bad movie, so July shall be a good month

^That is what I have heard, so I can't wait to check it out in July.

Yah I saw it being advertised on here in Janurary and then Wal-Mart put it out a few days early so I bought it sometime in Jan.
This is like End of the Line too, he release date is like May 5th right? It came out last year here. October I think.

It is available in Canada.

Sweet, day before my birthday. Been wanting to see this to compare it to Quarantine for a while now.

[REC] is the boh selekt0r

Quarantine - i keep trying to give it ago, but keep turning it off after 10 minutes because its so fkn lame...

i must admit, there are some extra cool bits added, but doesnt make up for the lame characters n directing