Topic: Damned by Dawn Trailer

From regular contributor Alien25 comes the trailer for Damned by Dawn. During a violent thunderstorm, a family is awoken by piercing shrieks which summon the dead to rise again. Their lives explode in a blood soaked fury as they battle malevolen...

Read More : Damned by Dawn Trailer

Re: Damned by Dawn Trailer

Looks pretty darn sweet if you ask me!

The CGI makes it look really goofy, but it started off fairly creepy looking.

ewww.....I HATE CGI.

That cgi doesnt look very good but I'll still watch it.  Looks kinda fun.

Looks pretty damn good,I'll watch it and maybe even buy the DVD.

I admit the CGI looks a little overdone but for my money it looks to be more tongue in cheek for the horror stance so willing to see what this will be like. Looks fun that's for sure smile

I actually don't mind the CGI in this one. Because  well how long would you have to wait to incorporate some really scary ghosts on film. No I will watch it definitely. I tried to IMDb it but to no avail. Is it an Aussie or Irish flick?

I was wondering that myself Cemetarygirl, Banchee's are Irish folklore arn't they? I LOVE the title Damned By Dawn and I love Banchees big_smile I def will give this on the onceover wink

Thanks for the comments - good & bad smile  It was made in Australia. And I hate CGI as much as the next person - we tried to photograph real flying zombie ghosts but they just didn't register on film wink

Last edited by Krypto (2009-05-07 01:45:37)

I think it looks pretty damn sweet, the CGI I think we all just have to deal with, we all still love (most of us) Midnight Meat Train and every drop of blood was CGI in that one.  Damned by Dawn (great titled) is something I think I will enjoy quite a bit

Well that movie is going to fuck up the banshee story. oh well.

I’m pleased to say that Damned By Dawn is finally having its world premiere screening!!!

Wednesday August 12.

7.45pm (doors open 7:30pm)

ACMI Cinema 2 – Federation Square, Melbourne, Australia

It’s free entry & everyone is welcome.

I'll that it looks rather promising.  The CGI is not that bad (go watch, better yet don't, "Absence of Light" if you want BAD.  Check out Something Awful's review for confimation, 'cause I'm not watching that again to write a review). 

And congrats Krypto for making or helping make a movie that looks nice!  I've seen 'films' that are worse than my attempts with Star Wars figures and fishing line. 

Like this-

http://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/MH_skele2.jpg

That looks pretty damn good, even with the cgi. I can see where some of it had to be used.

I may pass on this one looks like they twisted the Banshee legend too far.

crap I double posted forgot i already commented on this a week or so ago. LOL

Like everyone say the cgi is kinda not great, however maybe when it comes out they added more detail and tone o make it a bit more realistic looking otherwise than that Sweet Trialer!!

i'm actually kind of excited to see this one.. being Irish .. and this is to my knowledge the first movie that really deals with the legend of the banshees.. even if it does take a few liberties . (if i'm wrong i'm sure someone will correct me.. and give me other movies to check out..lol)

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

I may pass on this one looks like they twisted the Banshee legend too far.

As I was writing the film, it soon became apparent why there hadn't been other films based on traditional Banshee folklore. The number one reason is that Banshees aren't malevolent or threatening. Which made writing a Banshee feature film limiting. So we were forced to take some minor liberties with the mythology.

You have to remember that it wasn't until 1940 that full moons & silver bullets were associated with werewolf folklore. Before that time, they had NOTHING to do with werewolves. Now days everyone associates full moons & silver bullets with werewolves. But those two key werewolf elements were created by Curt Siodmak when he was writing the Lon Chaney Jnr film, The Wolfman in 1940. Was Siodmak criticized for messing with werewolf folklore? Nope, he's credited with creating werewolf folklore!

Last edited by Krypto (2009-07-10 22:52:28)

azathoth wrote:

And congrats Krypto for making or helping make a movie that looks nice!  I've seen 'films' that are worse than my attempts with Star Wars figures and fishing line.

Thanks so much for the compliment. We worked incredibly hard to put the films small  budget up on screen (rather than in our pockets) & to give audiences an entertaining & spooky film.

Krypto will this or is this coming to dvd anytime soon?

hmmmmm hawkwind im flyin

pR1m3vil wrote:

Krypto will this or is this coming to dvd anytime soon?

We're currently in talks with distributors, so hopefully it'll be released soon. The film will also been screening at several festivals, which we'll be able to announce shortly.

Cool unfortunately im not able to go to any festivals unless they are in Vancouver that would be sweet!! Im looking forward to it tho. will you announce here on hm when it is available on dvd?