Topic: Which french flick is better?

Well it seems that some of us on the Martyrs thread agree and disagree lol on which is a better french flick so I put up this poll on here for us to vote and the winner gets a truck load of beer and a trip to the Palyboy mansion, lol........(hint, hint......vote for High Tension).....lol

This is how I would rank these 4 french horror films:

1. High Tension
2. Inside
3. Frontiers
4. Martyrs

Re: Which french flick is better?

man thats hard , I love all these movies. I have to vote for Martyrs. I just really liked the whole idea of it. can I still get a beer >:]  ....  I dont think I want to go to the "Palyboy" mansion though lol  wink

Zombie Lake

Baby Blood.(1990).

High Tension definately.  I could watch that over and over.

I'm also going to say High Tension, one of the best modern slasher films.

1. Martyrs
this film reaches beyond horror, the psychological impressions this film leaves you with easily
make this one the standout for me.
2. Inside
Inside pushes a lot of personal boundaries, and is a beautifully orchestrated bloodbath to boot - works on both levels
3. High Tension
High Tension was just that, and definitely delivered the sauce, but the end reveal/story arch/what have you, just felt like a cop out - nothing we just saw really happened!?  (c'mon)
4. Frontiers
Again fine in the gore department, but pretty derivative in story

still all these films are head and shoulders above anything Hollywood's produced as of late LOL

MacheteMassacre wrote:

High Tension definately.  I could watch that over and over.

Damn buddy, where have you been hiding at lol. You disappeared for months.

Frontiers and High Tension F'n rock

No comment.

Ht

I loved all of these movies for diffrent reasons.
Would be to hard to put them in order.

deadhorse13 wrote:

1. Martyrs
this film reaches beyond horror, the psychological impressions this film leaves you with easily
make this one the standout for me.
2. Inside
Inside pushes a lot of personal boundaries, and is a beautifully orchestrated bloodbath to boot - works on both levels
3. High Tension
High Tension was just that, and definitely delivered the sauce, but the end reveal/story arch/what have you, just felt like a cop out - nothing we just saw really happened!?  (c'mon)
4. Frontiers
Again fine in the gore department, but pretty derivative in story

still all these films are head and shoulders above anything Hollywood's produced as of late LOL

Well this just made my life easier.  Ditto EVERYTHING he said.  smile

I don't think I'm likely to ever forgive Aja for what he did to the end of Haute Tension.  It makes me cry sometimes when I'm alone, rocking back and forth in the shower.  sad

In the *spirit* of horror forums, I'll say...

Martyrs SUCKED! And Frontier(s) DID TOO!

lol:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding - kinda.

But I vote for INSIDE and High Tension, respectively.

High Tension

I'd go with high tension since it's the only one I've seen and only one of two french movies i've ever seen, the other being amelie. Though I'd like to eventually see martyrs, that looks pretty damn good, but I don't know if it could beat the amount of brutality in high tension.

Last edited by suriasys (2009-05-15 09:52:18)

Martyrs for sure. High tension close second. The story for martyrs was so new and fresh. have never seen a movie like this. it grew on me.

moviemaven wrote:

I don't think I'm likely to ever forgive Aja for what he did to the end of Haute Tension.  It makes me cry sometimes when I'm alone, rocking back and forth in the shower.  sad

You mean to say that you don't think of survialist when you're alone in the shower and do the Sharon Stone bit from the film Sliver lol........you had to see that one coming from me lol.....Zing, damn I am good!!!!:P:lol:

High Tension is winning. big_smile

High Tension had cool characters, great great gore and a fantastic score.  Yeah I know a lot of people hated the ending, but would you have prefered it to end another way?

Nope, I don't have a problem with the ending.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

High Tension had cool characters, great great gore and a fantastic score.  Yeah I know a lot of people hated the ending, but would you have prefered it to end another way?

*******ATTENTION SPOILERS******

I like the ending to it now cause I understand that the killer was really her with split personalities. One part of her was herself and the other was the killer.

One part that I still don't understand about HIgh Tension was that the girls' are both riding together in the car in the beginning to her family's home but then you see the killer in his van getting a BJ from a severed head. What was that scene suppose to mean though when she is the actual killer herself?

RIP wrote:
MacheteMassacre wrote:

*******ATTENTION SPOILERS******

I like the ending to it now cause I understand that the killer was really her with split personalities. One part of her was herself and the other was the killer.

One part that I still don't understand about HIgh Tension was that the girls' are both riding together in the car in the beginning to her family's home but then you see the killer in his van getting a BJ from a severed head. What was that scene suppose to mean though when she is the actual killer herself?

exactly , theres too many things that dont make any sense when u find out shes the killer. dont get me wrong i like the movie.

10-4, eDogg  wink

High Tension has some wtf moments and the head from a severed head scene was one of them definately.  I'm assuming it was there for shock and to throw you off, but overall it was great.