deadhorse13 wrote:

10-4, eDogg  wink

"Breaker, Breaker 1-9....this here is the smokey" Smokey and the Bandit:lol:

Re: Which french flick is better?

Nobody makes Sheriff Buford T. Justice look like a possum's pecker lol

give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick lol

^ I'm in a goddamn hurry lol One of the best movies ever made.

Haha, Smokey and the Bandit!  I want that movie being played at my funeral.

"I'm gonna BBQ your ass in molasses" lol

Sorry mods to get off topic here but it's Friday lol!

MacheteMassacre wrote:

High Tension has some wtf moments and the head from a severed head scene was one of them definately.  I'm assuming it was there for shock and to throw you off, but overall it was great.

See?  That's why I was so ticked.  I LOVE that beheaded head blowjob scene and Aja's ending makes it null.  Phooey on him for that. 

So yes, I would've preferred a more straight-forward ending.  There was really no need to do it another way.  It felt thrown in for no reason and I honestly felt it was pretentious and unnecessary.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Haha, Smokey and the Bandit!  I want that movie being played at my funeral.

That's frickin cool as hell because my fiancée said she wants Jerry Reid's songs from that movie played at her funeral.

Man i want to see all of those but the only one i can find is High Tension hmm

High tension gets my vote.  altho Inside is a close runner up.  Frontiers was just a french version of TCM IMO and Martyrs, well, it's not one i will watch again.

I love the Poll but I have to say there's a big difference between these Films.....

My Ranking would be...

Inside....Cant say anthing bad about it! Creepy,Scary. Gore and so much more...
Frontiers...Awesome movie (great acting)
High Tension....Good but Inside and Frontiers had more scary moments and more gore!
Martyrs.....Last half of the movie sucked....

The Don wrote:

My Ranking would be...

Inside....Cant say anthing bad about it! Creepy,Scary. Gore and so much more...
Frontiers...Awesome movie (great acting)
High Tension....Good but Inside and Frontiers had more scary moments and more gore!
Martyrs.....Last half of the movie sucked....

Couldn't agree more, especially with the martyrs comment. The first half was nothing ground breaking but definitely still awesome. The last half was just crap I wish I hadn't seen. I finally saw frontier(s) as well and thought it was much better. And I'd definitely put High Tension above martyrs as well. Martyrs tried too hard to be something it didn't need to be, ending up just a huge mess of a film, still having a lot of great ass scenes though. I've yet to see inside, but judging from your rankings, I have a feeling i'd like it most lol.

Martyrs - because its a horror movie... not an entertaining horror movie

moviemaven wrote:

I don't think I'm likely to ever forgive Aja for what he did to the end of Haute Tension.  It makes me cry sometimes when I'm alone, rocking back and forth in the shower.  sad

what bothered you about the end?? i think i know, but i want someone who can explain stuff, explain it, because alot of people say "oh i dont like the end boo hoo"

i think! people dont like the end because of the plot holes.. lol but we are watching the movie from the point of view of the mentally insane killer... shit doesnt make sense to her either, so how could it make sense to us?

but if it is something else let me know.

moviemaven wrote:

See?  That's why I was so ticked.  I LOVE that beheaded head blowjob scene and Aja's ending makes it null.  Phooey on him for that. 

So yes, I would've preferred a more straight-forward ending.  There was really no need to do it another way.  It felt thrown in for no reason and I honestly felt it was pretentious and unnecessary.

But if you think about it Maven, remember what the lead character was doing prior to the arival of the killer at her friend's home.  Could she not have been masterbating while imagining the BJ scene and the whole build up to her alter ego's arrival at the house?  In that case, the ending would fit with that scene.

Anyways, what is not to like in all ot these films.  Each is good, but for different reasons.  My ranking would go as follows.
1. Martyrs - because it was more than just a horror movie I give it a slight edge over #2.
2. Inside -  I really liked it, but it did not have the depth of #1.
3. Froniter(s) - More of your typical horror fare.
4. High Tension - unfortunately something had to be last

Of course that's possible but not nearly as fun or horrible as the thought of him being real.  Still ticked here. wink

Can I vote for The City of Lost Children or Delicatessen?

I had to vote for Inside because I have never had such a creepy time watching a movie at a theatre, and it left me feeling cold when it was over.

I didn't hate High Tension, but I didn't love it.

I have yet to see Martyrs, but it is supposed to be good.

moviemaven wrote:

Of course that's possible but not nearly as fun or horrible as the thought of him being real.  Still ticked here. wink

Eww...How bout the thought of a woman who fantisizes about such fun and horrible stuff!

alien25 wrote:
moviemaven wrote:

Eww...How bout the thought of a woman who fantisizes about such fun and horrible stuff!

You tell me.  LOL  You know you love it.  wink

moviemaven wrote:
alien25 wrote:
moviemaven wrote:

You tell me.  LOL  You know you love it.  wink

Is it that obvious?  We are such simple minded creatures! lol

I concur.

However, to offer something of more substance... High Tension was good until the last 20 minutes. The revelation the the killer was hugely predictable. Even crazy people don't watch from the closet while they kill a bitch. Or simultaneously drive two vehicles. Our chase themselves through the forest and set traps for themselves and attack themselves with wide swings wielding large pieces of wood. Just because you're crazy, doesn't mean that you can defy the laws of physics.

alien, your interpretation would be valid if the movie had decided to only allow us to see the alter ego from Aja's perspective. But alas, what ruined the movie was the fact that even though it was supposed to be the same person, we as the audience were shown the alter ego unattached to the body it was supposed to inhabit.

It was a decent movie, better than most of the crap that Hollywood comes out with, but would have been much more satisfying if A) they had done a better job of dissociating the alter egos from one another, or 2) if the killer had actually just turned out to be another person.

And yes, I'm aware that I numbered off with A and 2. What you gonna do about it?

I loved High Tension

Oh, 'zilla loved it. I retract my statement, for fear of getting my ass stomped.

This my order
1. Inside
2. High Tension
3. Baby Blood -  fredgarvin  mentioned it
4. Martyrs
Frontiers - haven't seen this yet

I just rewatched Inside with a friend the other night and I realized that it's kinda goofy.  I still like it, don't get me wrong...I just was kinda taken back by it.