Topic: Ghostbusters: Which do you prefer? (Fans of the Movie!)

Since it turned out that a new Ghostbusters movie is in the works I decided to rewatch the original two, both of which I love for very different reasons. Now I turn to the fans of GB. smile

Which of the two movies do you prefer, more to your liking?

I mean the first one had hell hounds, Mr. Stay-Puft marshmallow man and really quite a dark story with a very wry sense of humour and the sequel has Vigo, The Statue of Liberty walking and is not as dark but makes up in the comedy stakes.

Love them both and it may be just me lol but I actually loved the sequel more. But what is your favourite and while on the subject are you looking forward to the new movie, or do you still have doubts?

Thanks for any responses!

*Also this is dedicated to those who like Ghostbusters. If you don't like it then feel free to go but this is primarily a thread for lovers. I do not want anyone coming on saying why they HATED the films. I've had some problems recently online and would like this to run more smoothly. Sorry for the harshness but still love ya all!* mwah!

BTK.

http://xs839.xs.to/xs839/09213/3241.jpg

Re: Ghostbusters: Which do you prefer? (Fans of the Movie!)

They were both amazing and I hold them to equal standards in my book.  Any movie with a giant stay puff marshmallow man or the purple slime is a winner in my book

lol good point Garden, very good point! smile

I love them both too.  I've wanted more ghostbusters for so long.  Can not wait!

And....if you're looking for more ghostbusters go to

http://www.returnoftheghostbusters.com

It's a fan made film which was pretty awesome and is actually a sequel to a short movie they did called Freddy vs Ghostbusters (which was pretty cool too) and you can find it on youtube.

i think the first one just steals it but not by much the second one is good too.

I loved both because bill murray was equally hilarious in both. But I definitely loved the first one much much more, nothing beats the stay puff marshmallow man. I found myself quite bored at times during the second one. But really I loved the cartoon more than both movies. I used to have the back pack with the gun and the little ghost trapper, wish I still had all my childhood toys lol.

I like the second better. smile

i like em both. i like the first one better tho. i watched the second one when i was a little kid and Vigo scared the shit outta me lol lol it took me a while to watch that one again. tongue they are both awesome and i cant wait for the new one!!!

PS. for BTK: i just lied i HATE ghostbusters!!! the movies suck!!! lol just kidding. hod to do that hon tongue

I loved both of them...but the 1st ranks a little higher in my book.

Suriasys .. the cartoons fucking rocked! lol

did anyone ever play the Ghostbusters game for Sega Genesis?? it was actually really cool, you were in this really big house and you ran around shooting ghosts with you gun, you got a bunch of different upgraded weapons too. at the end of the game you had to fight Stay Puff!! ahhh i wish i still had my genesis

The original was epic but the sequel was, like most sequels, lame overall. A few good moments though.

Are you the Keymaster?

Love em both but the original is so much more fun!!

Not much of a fan of GB 2, just seemed 'off' to me.  Can't really put my finger on why, just didn't gel for me.

Hey BTK- sorry you're down.  Here's a pic for you:

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-dog-pictures-frown-upside.jpg

Awww thank you Azay hun, much appreciated. LOL, oh damn I am in hysterics. You boys! wink mwah! x

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

They were both amazing and I hold them to equal standards in my book.  Any movie with a giant stay puff marshmallow man or the purple slime is a winner in my book

Both were very good but the first was the best. Bill Murray was at his peak back then and he was absolutely hysterical. Him and Dan were a good pairing

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Awww thank you Azay hun, much appreciated. LOL, oh damn I am in hysterics. You boys! wink mwah! x

Oh, I'm just here to make people happy, like these guys:

http://1fille1gars.free.fr/images/humour/funny%20monkey.jpg

No contest - the original was the best.  Bill Murray hated making the second one.