Topic: Hills Have Eyes 2

Check this out, Wes Craven fans!

Horror maven Wes Craven has joined with his son Jonathan Craven to write the sequel to the 2005 horror remake “The Hills Have Eyes.† This new film follows a group of partially-trained soldiers who stumble across a band of terrifying mutants in the hills of the American desert southwest. Wes Craven made the original “The Hills Have Eyes† and a sequel to it in the mid-1970s.

Clear Channel film critic Kevin Carr has the interview on an new edition of MOVIE ZONE!

Check it out for free here: http://www.7mpictures.com/inside/cravens_feature.htm

Who here's excited for another movie from Wes Craven? I think this will be cool!

Re: Hills Have Eyes 2

well normally i am a fan of wes craven but in this case i am really not to impressed. i loved the hills have eyes (the original) but the remake was just a butcher job on a classic film. i wasn't a big fan of the original sequel so it could be an alright movie. not great but average.

squidward wrote:

well normally i am a fan of wes craven but in this case i am really not to impressed. i loved the hills have eyes (the original) but the remake was just a butcher job on a classic film. i wasn't a big fan of the original sequel so it could be an alright movie. not great but average.

I disagree with that totally. The remake brought a fresh outlook on the classic and totally re-vamped it. One of the greatest remakes.

i thought the original was a good blend of suspense, gore and intelligence. the remake lost the intelligence and suspense but upped the gore. the remake was just another slasher flick but the original had some edge of your seat thrills as well as some not so typical scenes and heroes.

ResidentEvilRising wrote:
squidward wrote:

I disagree with that totally. The remake brought a fresh outlook on the classic and totally re-vamped it. One of the greatest remakes.

i agree, i thought the Hills was one of the greatest remakes..so good. heard hills 2 has so much gore, and another rape scene..kinda weird.

why make a sequel?...this will be like jeepers creepers2 was, nothing but gore without the psycological make up that made the first one so scary

Yea in my mind the Hills Have Eyes remake was probably the best remake yet.. I was not a fan of the original at all.. To me it was kind of a rip on TCM.. Because in the original they were just a big family of inbreds just like in TCM.. But to each his own..

As for the new Hills Have Eyes 2.. Hmm no point really. And some of the mutants were just dumb.. Not to mention that there was WAY to much CGI..