Topic: Horror On DVD for March 20th

Today is March 20th and we have another batch of DVDs hitting the shelves. My pick of the week has to be the new Anchor Bay Collection Re-Animator (my review). Hands down the definitive addition for Re-Animator. Other than that its all up to personal...

Read More : Horror On DVD for March 20th

Re: Horror On DVD for March 20th

I just got Re-Animator limited edition smile  Best Buy has a nice stack of them.  Will be getting another just to hold onto and hopefully gain some value in the future. 

Will be getting Pro-Life shortly, its only $10 at Target.  Best Buy though has its own unquie cover, a baby crib with a demonic hand shooting out with hellfire around.

From the list, I wanna pick up "Re-Animator" and "Going to Pieces".  Hopefully a "Masters of Horror" boxset will come out in the near future.

Going to Pieces...forgot about that.  Definatly something I want to at least see.  So far only Hollywood Video seems to have it.

You can buy it on the US Amazon site, Going to Pieces.

Hmm...Turistas isn't out this week? My local Best Buy and Circuit City already have it on shelves. I was sure it was supposed to come out next week and I guess I was right. Didn't think it was really worth $20 though tongue

My local Best Buy did the same thing with Night Watch, put it out a week earlier.

That's a whole lot of movies, do you guys recommend any of them besides Re-Animator?

And also, Return of the Living Dead 5?!?!?! Rave to the Grave? What a shitty title!!

Masters of Horror: Pro-Life

Awesome film by John Carpenter and one of the best of Season 2 imo.  A lot of people weren't happy with it, but I figure it stems from the fact that the film is more of an intense character horror film than the demon being the baddie.  But, the scenes with the demon are awesome...but Pro-Life is more character.  Unfortuantly most new sources only covered the demon part of the film so I think that contributited to many not liking it.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Masters of Horror: Pro-Life

Awesome film by John Carpenter and one of the best of Season 2 imo.  A lot of people weren't happy with it, but I figure it stems from the fact that the film is more of an intense character horror film than the demon being the baddie.  But, the scenes with the demon are awesome...but Pro-Life is more character.  Unfortuantly most new sources only covered the demon part of the film so I think that contributited to many not liking it.

Wow its great to see that someone else liked Pro-life I thought I was the only one who thought it was good. I totally agree about it being one of the best in the second season but I still think that "Family" takes top spot. One of the reasons I think people didn't like Pro-life was that they thought they were going to get another "Cigarette Burns" (which was one of the best projects Carpenter has done in awhile) but instead they got something totally different.

Count me in.  I loved "Pro-Life".  Thought it was a great episode.