Topic: Kurt Russell Not Happy About Escape Remake

Uh oh, Snake Plisken is pissed and now you all gotta die bitches! Ok yeah sorry I got carried away... again. Kurt Russell is pissed that they are remaking the Escape series and have the GALL to cast somebody other then him according to Entertainment ...

Read More : Kurt Russell Not Happy About Escape Remake

Re: Kurt Russell Not Happy About Escape Remake

Sounds like a bit of an ego trip.  Although, personally, I don't want to see another remake any time soon.

indeed its an ego trip but honestly its the only role hes relaly known for.

I heard a rumor that he was gonna play Snake in a Metal Gear Solid movie

yeah heard that rumor to, would be a great role for him.

He's not happy about another guy playing his most famous character. If it was a remake and he was chosen to play Snake again, he wouldn't mind.

I agree, no remake! (As if someone cares)

if it was a remake and he was chose to play snake again they may aswell release a digitally enhanced version of the original! that whole article (above) is just one big ego trip! yes it was a very good performance and im sure it was very inspiring (snake from metal gear solid was purely based on pliskin therefore it would be a perfect role for him!) but at the end of the day a remake is the same movie through someone else's eyes and in my opinion if those eyes think they've found someone good enough if not better to play the role than i welcome that! (big thumbs up)

Nathan Fillion could pull off Snake Pliskin no problem.
Val Kilmer could do it too buff up add scars yep:)
I enjoyed Mr. Russel's rendition.

Meh wrote:

indeed its an ego trip but honestly its the only role hes relaly known for.

Uh, are you sure?  I'm pretty sure A LOT of fans know him as MacReady from "The Thing".

why,why do they remake classics and then of course they end being pieces of sh*t??

lost on elmstreet wrote:

why,why do they remake classics and then of course they end being pieces of sh*t??

I think we all know the answer, $$$ Cash $$$

I was just gonna say that!