Topic: From Beyond

Is there any news of Stuart Gordon's "From Beyond" being released on DVD?
I understand it showed on Monsters HD channel, then it will be released on DVD.

I'm really looking forward to this film, but haven't heard anything new lately.

Re: From Beyond

Nope nothing new yet... Yea the new version had plenty of added goo that was cut from the first film. The MPAA was mad at Gordon for how he got away with a lot of the stuff he did in ReAnimator so they made him cut From Beyond way down..

The footage was lost for a long time up until about a year ago. Thats when Monsters HD stepped in and said they would fix up the prints if they got to show the film first. So the new "unrated" DVD should hit shelves soon..

I heard rumors about an October or Decemeber release.

A couple of months will fly by quick....

it will indeed. Soon as anyone gets anthing solid for a release date post so we can update the site accordingly.

I found a region 0 Pal on Amazon....for $80:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G8 … 24?ie=UTF8

Ain't any help...but if anyone is desperate enough.  Review of said DVD i found:

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Reviews/E-H/f … ragon.html

I think I can wait. Thats a pretty steep price for it

Yea especially when that is the regular cut edition.. The new version hasn't been available anywhere yet. They just found the footage so the only way to get the uncut version would be to buy a bootleg that was taped off of Monsters HD..

Well, there is a rip of the MonstersHD broadcast somewhere on the net, but it is letterboxed not anamorphic, and is on a single disc so must have some compression applied to it.  I (we) have waited this long for the real thing, so a few more months won't be too bad.  Just keep telling yourself "Somethings coming..."  B^)

You guys aren't willing to shell out $80 tongue 

I watched Re-Animator a little while ago and outside of the infamous 'Head giving head' scene I did not think the gore was really that extreme compared to other horror films coming out at that time.  Then again, the MPAA is a pretty crazy organization.

Goon got me thinking here.
I just ordered a DVD of the original version. Actually bought it from a Yahoo auction. I'm sure it's a bootleg, but I don't care.
I want the original cause I like original versions, but I'm also going to get the new added footage version.

I'm gonna dig up my copy of Ruge Morgue with The Beyond as its cover story.  There might be a hint about when it might come out.  I gotta run off to school but I should have the info up early this evening if I find anything.

Sounds good, thegoldensimatar

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I'm gonna dig up my copy of Ruge Morgue with The Beyond as its cover story.  There might be a hint about when it might come out.  I gotta run off to school but I should have the info up early this evening if I find anything.

Was that RM cover of Fulci's "the Beyond" or Gordon's "From Beyond"?  I don't have many RMs, but don't recall a cover with either...

Good question Avanti, I never even noticed that. I just thought he meant From Beyond

Woops....sorry...I did mean Gordon's film.  I get the two mixed up sometimes.  Okay, I scanned my issue of Morgue, it has an interview with Gordon.  He does mention that the footage that was cut and that is put back in is about 2 minutes worth.  Course we all know that 2 minutes is a long time in a horror film. 

Gordon does mention a director's cut DVD...but sadly no release date given.

ya 2 minutes is a life time in a horror movie smile

I saw the new cut of From Beyond at a festival in Montreal with Stuart Gordon.  It gets incredibly violent in the last act, much more so than I remember the original cut being.

So...  nobody has heard of the DVD release yet?  What gives?

I've looked for any online petitions to get From Beyond released on DVD but I haven't found any. Anyone start a petition like that before?

I don't think there is need for an online petition...Gordon mentioned after From Beyond showing on Monsters HD a DVD would soon follow. 

But...ain't heard nothing since.