Topic: Left 4 Dead 2 Game Trailer - Holy Crap!

I did not like Left 4 Dead but I must admit that with Left 4 Dead 2 they have impressed the hell out of me with the brand new trailer. Check it out below it made its debut at E3. 
Set for release on November 17, the title adds melee combat to ...

Read More : Left 4 Dead 2 Game Trailer - Holy Crap!

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Game Trailer - Holy Crap!

I have to disagree in the sense that I thought the first game was (is since I still play it all the time) brilliant and part 2 looks even better. Go valve!

and your not alone matty many love it. welcome to the site by the way.

Well the new "tank" (big hillbilly in cover-alls) looks bad ass... but the survivors this time .. just look like people that would have been a brain buffet already ...

^ I saw an article about the new characters. One chick is a news anchor and another is a gym teacher. The guy doing VoiceOver I think is the gym teacher. Don't remember their names off the top of my head but both stardted with R. Rochelle and Randy maybe?  So they made them normal people trying to survive the outbreak

^ I just think they made them Too normal .. I'm all for realism .. don't get me wrong.. but i want to believe that the character i'm playing should be there...

So why can't they be there? Most your zombie movies have plenty of normal every day people adapting for survival. And in the movies the military guy or badass gun nut usually get killed anyways

jmh314 wrote:

So why can't they be there? Most your zombie movies have plenty of normal every day people adapting for survival. And in the movies the military guy or badass gun nut usually get killed anyways

I completely agree with you and I'm stoked about L4D 2 I love the first, it does get a bit repetitive at time but is still a good party game. Just dont drink too much.

maybe i should have a buddy over to play it. is it split screen I dont remember? only played it for 40mins tops lol.

jmh314 wrote:

Honestly, they can be there.. ANYTHING is possible.but ... If we're being honest with ourselves.. 90% of  zombie movie survivors ...wouldn't last 20 minutes in those conditions. The reason we keep seeing them in movies is simple.. you're suppose to connect with them , which is fine ... but in this case you're being brought into the action.. Don't tell me that your average everyday Joe with no weapons training at all what so ever is going to grab that G36 and go to town. Nor is he going to grab that chainsaw ..and even get it started .. let alone saw someone in half.  There's technical aspects to these games though that you don't usually see in movies.
    I'm sure the game is going to be a blast just like the first was/is.. Oh and Meh .. the best part of L4D like many games out today .. is the online play. The online Co-Op is the reason this game sold like it did.  So try taking it on Live or Steam and give it a shot there.

Oh my Jesus! I just started drooling. I was obsessed with the first about a month ago, (wasn't impressed with the update) But HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! A single tear just rolled down my eye its so beautiful!

ok guys ready for this .the new zombie is called the charger and he was designed to stop campers from getting the advantage over the zombies in small areas.the charger has two attacks frist one is of course the charge which is something akin to a bull coming toward the bullfighter  and knockin down the hero so hes easy meat.his second and i think more powerful move is when he gets close to his opponent he grabs him and continually piledrives you into the ground until help arrives (ouch) .its said he isnt as strong as the tank but hes faster and he can get up behind a person fairly easy if not paid attention to .another huge danger to the game is ,since its daytime,the witch actually gets up and walks around crying rather than sit in one place.its said she looks like a homeless bag lady just wandering about but that also means she will show up in bad situations like during horde attacks and make a bad situation well fucked.i read more stuff about the levels and whatnot (no last stand anymore) but thats the best stuff i got