Topic: Friday the 13th Remake

I've heard rumors that Platinum Dunes, the same ppl that did the remake of TCM, are doing a remake on Friday the 13th. Think its just bullshit, or the real thing??

Re: Friday the 13th Remake

Noooooooooo!!!

hahaha i predicted a response similar to that..if you didnt like wut they did with the TCM remake, you would for sure not be a fan of this. I dont even know wut to think really..guess i'm just hoping it works out..if its for real.

I hope that someone puts the guys behind this remake out of their misery.

why destroy a good thing...a remake will only be sh*t

lost on elmstreet wrote:

why destroy a good thing...a remake will only be sh*t

again..it will sell..remakes..they make money..you dont have to like it, but thats how it is

Last edited by MindFuk (2007-03-25 19:39:55)

Yeah they for sure are remaking "Friday the 13th" and yes its Micheal Bay and the rest of his retards at Platinum Dunes from what I heard it will be a "re-imaging" of the first two films, their aiming for a July release date.

skfan wrote:

Yeah they for sure are remaking "Friday the 13th" and yes its Micheal Bay and the rest of his retards at Platinum Dunes from what I heard it will be a "re-imaging" of the first two films, their aiming for a July release date.

Wow, that's fast. I personally enjoyed the TCM remake. Had a darker, creepier mood in my opinion, but still can't compete with the original. But Michael Bay and his people at Platinum Dunes need to get a fresh original script, and get some kick ass up and coming director (Alexandre Aja comes to mind) and they would have a good film. Bt all these remakes are really starting to get annoying. Amityville Horror and the Hitcher were HUGE disappointments, and I just think they need to move on and try something new.

As I said in another Friday the 13th thread...Jonathan Liebsman from TCM: Beginning is apparently gonna to do this if he isn't busy.  Doubt they could wrangle Aja, he has exploded on the scene and Dune's apparent mission statement is to help young music vid directors break out into theatrical films.  Why music vids and not help some low budget filmmakers (best of whom I have to say is Michael Hurst) I dunno, rather put my faith in someone who can tell a story for an hour and a half instead of someone who can only have the hottest young hip hop star gyrate for three minutes.

Right now Dunes is doing its 1 original film...a thriller called The Horsemen, about the Aypocalypse.

And apparently the big script problem is doing a remake of the original with Jason or maybe doing a complete reboot and acting like the others never happened but just have Jason as a killer but try to not make it corny.

So glad Hitcher busted, I can only wish this the same horrible luck.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-03-25 22:40:29)

I am going to try and avoid this film as best as possible.  "Friday the 13th" does not need to be remade.  Michael Bay does not need to get his greedy little hands on another horror film.  It's that simple.

its on in July? that is so fast..cant really imagine wut its gonna be like..i didnt really like the TCM remake..but TCM The Beginning..i didnt mind it..i like how we got to see how it began..but yah..dont even know wut to think about a Friday remake.

I don't know what to think about this movie.  In a way, I almost didn't like the original Friday the Thriteenth (I know, I'm crazy) because of the way the camera was used.  But then i don't know how they could possibly do this one to make it better.  My only guess would be if Jason was in it, otherwise, I don't know what to make of this yet.  Depending if they do it and if the trailers look good, I may or may not see this.

I'm not quite sure where everyone is getting this July release date from.. It must be from some old interview or something.. We interviewed the guys from Platinum Dunes and they told us November/December 2008.. Yea so you guys have a long time to wait..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_7230.html

The sad thing is a lot of younger people see these remakes and never see the originals.  To me that is just wrong.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

The sad thing is a lot of younger people see these remakes and never see the originals.  To me that is just wrong.

HERE HERE!

"Why watch the original with vivid red blood, bad fashion and unknown stars? I'd rather watch the new one with really hot chicks, a good sense of fashion and with a great band playing the soundtrack!!!"

Stupid Mtv kids. Kill them! Kill 'em all!!!

The release date shouldn't really matter.  The fact that a remake of "Friday the 13th" by Michael Bay is coming, is scary enough.

Personally, I wouldn't have anything against Michael Bay and his Platnium Dunes if he didn't keep doing remakes.  Dunes has a great mission statement...help young filmmakers break into feature films.  From a business standpoint, doing a remake for the first film to get something easy and instant success is understandable...but to continue when all but 1 of your films has done well?  That boils me up.

Platnium Dunes should be called REMAKE INCORPORATED...just need to rework Springsteen's lyrics to fit smile

Exactly.  So far, I've hated what Michael Bay has done to films like "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" or "The Amityville Horror".  The thing is, and it's hard for me to say, people can actually remake films the right way.  Look at Snyder or Aja and their current remakes.  Those kicked some serious ass.  Don't half ass something that didn't need to be remade in the first place.