Topic: How do you think Grindhouse will play in Britain?

I ask the question because we haven't really had that tradition of the whole Grindhouse/ Exploitation flick over here. The majority were banned in our cinema's during the seventies and our first opportunity to see such pictures were on video during the eighties, but even then a fair few got banned during the 'video nasty' 'scare' that ensued. Thankfully our censorship laws have relaxed a touch more in the age of DVD (Most probably to do with the end of James Firman's reign at the BBFC).
Tarantino's monicker ensures it'll get a distributor over here, but what I'm trying to say in a very long-winded manner is I fear the greater British public just won't 'get' it. Still, the trailer looks great. I love the degraded/ scratchy stock.

Re: How do you think Grindhouse will play in Britain?

I think thats a very tough question! I see the british public as a gadget/car/alcohol loving country and many people will turn their nose up at the thought of a movie released in 07 that looks 20/30 years old! on the other hand i know quite a few people (of all shapes, sizes and styles) that are closet case Tarantino/Rodriguez fans so i really am stumped!
Also how will the british react to the whole "two movies for the price of one" scenario?
I on the other hand can't wait! I like the look of it so much i even have a still from Death Proof as my desktop background!

Re: How do you think Grindhouse will play in Britain?

I agree, Patchwerk. I think the 'Two for One' scenario will just be another stumbling block putting people off. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong. I'm a big Tarantino fan myself, and also love 'Sin City' and 'Once Upon A Time In Mexico', so I for one will be going to see it and I'll be dragging our lass along too. Having seen the trailer I think it's probably 'Death Proof' I'm looking forwards to the most as well, plus it features the lovely Rosario Dawson.