Topic: Little Known Favorites

Allright....

Instead of all the classics that most of us have raved about to each other, what are some little known horror movies that you would reccommend to a horror fan.

I'll start with:

Below - ghost story on a submarine

Monster Man - Killer in a monster truck

Death Machine - Killer Robot in office building...

Re: Little Known Favorites

Monster man was pretty good,  I haven't viewed the others.

Something Evil made for tv movie in the 70's directed by Steven Spielburg
Gargoyles- Scott Glen's film debut I think:)
Frankenstein the true story 1973 full star cast..including James Mason, Jane Seymour, Micheal Sarrazin, Agnes Moorehead (I have this one on order, I will review it)

Monster man is a really fun flick. There is a review of it on my morguespace. You should review it to killjoy. Another favorite of mine is Deep Rising, also a review for that o my morguespace.

Dont Look in the Basement- iv mentioned this movie in some other posts, and im gonna write a review of it sometime soon, when i have some free time on my hands.

I doubt I can come up with any movies you guys wouldn't know about, but here are some that are not as well known that I love:

The Stuff
Cherry Falls
Dream Scape
Invaders from Mars (1986)
Lady in White
Pulse (1988)
The Wraith

Like Greg said, it's hard to think of films that the very educated people on this board wouldn't already know about.  I'll give it a shot...

I Drink Your Blood
I Eat Your Skin
Dawn of the Mummy
Carnage
Shock Waves
Doctor Butcher
The Deadly Spawn
Mansoleum
Humanoids From the Deep
Flesh Eater
Mark of the Devil
The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant
Last House on Dead End Street
The Corpse Grinder
Twins of Evil
Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals
Swamp Thing
Orgy of the Dead
The Manson Family
Burial Ground
Hiruko the Goblin
Plague of the Zombies
Satans Cheerleaders
Kingdom of the Spiders

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-01-30 10:10:35)

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
Night of the Demons
The Asylum
Amnityville:Its about time
Lightning Bug
Pieces
Horror Hotel (1960)
House on Sorority Row
The Sentinel
Scarecrow

Very cool...I was actually looking for some recommendations outside of the usual to go hunting for....So thanks for all the suggestions.....

the crazys - get that first!
motel hell
flesh eater
two evil eyes
season of the witch
the ripper

The Burning, Just Before Dawn, Madman. i'll post more when i think of em. yo if any of yall are on myspace add me and peep my muzic. here da link:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … id=5110625

ZOMBIExLIFE wrote:

the crazys - get that first!
motel hell
flesh eater
two evil eyes
season of the witch
the ripper

God I loved MOTEL HELL.....such a classic 80's film.

Yeah Motel Hells one I remember from when I was little, I bought it a couple of months ago. It was a doubled with a movie called Deranged which ended up being halfway decent. Deranged was up untill a couple of weeks ago the closet movie to Ed Gein that there was. Unlike TCM and Phyco, it pretty much went along with the actual story of Gein. Not a whole lot of blood, but it was interesting seeing a movie that actually followed what happened.

Last edited by boyd84 (2007-03-29 12:48:07)

Its really funny that killjoy mentioned "Below" I saw a trailer for that years ago and thought it looked great and then never found it. Oh and about "Monster Man", I've been saying that it was great since I started on the forums. My fav scene from that movie is the sex scene when she turns into some kind of Star Wars geek. A couple of films that haven't been mentioned yet that I think are great are:
The Devil's Nightmare- an Italian gore film from the 70's with great style and some hot chicks
Shallow Ground- One of my all time fav films from a few years back that did more with almost no budget than most Directors could have done with millions.