Topic: What Ipod you have

I just purchased the 80 GB video one and its pretty cool I DLed a bunch of music videos and movies and its cool that you can watch movies and videos on your TV or your ipod.

Re: What Ipod you have

I have the 30GB video one....and I had almost 20GB of music on it, until I somehow deleted everything....Don't ask about it, it's a sore subject...

Re: What Ipod you have

iv got me a 4 gig nano, its really easy to carry around school, but i need to buy a memory upgrade cuz iv got almost 6 gigs of music on my cpu

Re: What Ipod you have

I've got a broken 20GB original black and white ipod.  I'd buy a new one, but I spend all my money on DVDs.

Re: What Ipod you have

I have the 30GB video Ipod. I don't have any videos on there but the entire ipod is completely filled with music. No room what so ever for any videos.

Re: What Ipod you have

I just download music videos and movies on mine it can hold up to a 100 hours, think it would hold 20000 regular music songs if need be but I have a shuffle I use for that, so I mainly put video on this one, I just watched Orca the other night, good flick from 77.

Re: What Ipod you have

I have a Nano and a 80 gig white Ipod. I used to have a 60 gig one but I dropped it and it went fubar I actually lost about 15,000 songs and I'm just now finishing getting them all re-downloaded

Re: What Ipod you have

anyone know where you can get some free tunes or videos...I'm not really smart when it comes to Ipod's.

Re: What Ipod you have

Oh man send me an e-mail if you want some site names, I mean why pay for it when you can steal it?

Re: What Ipod you have

I know some torrent sites where you can download full albums for free which i go to all the time.

Re: What Ipod you have

skfan wrote:

Oh man send me an e-mail if you want some site names, I mean why pay for it when you can steal it?

maybe because of Big Brother smile

but how do you put videos on ipod that are not from Itunes?  I have some on my hard drive I like to add but I am clueless lol

Re: What Ipod you have

goldenwarrior wrote:
skfan wrote:

Oh man send me an e-mail if you want some site names, I mean why pay for it when you can steal it?

maybe because of Big Brother smile

but how do you put videos on ipod that are not from Itunes?  I have some on my hard drive I like to add but I am clueless lol

In order for you to put videos on your Ipod, you need to have your videos as mp4 format. That's the only format that Ipod's can actually hold.

Re: What Ipod you have

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
goldenwarrior wrote:
skfan wrote:

Oh man send me an e-mail if you want some site names, I mean why pay for it when you can steal it?

maybe because of Big Brother smile

but how do you put videos on ipod that are not from Itunes?  I have some on my hard drive I like to add but I am clueless lol

In order for you to put videos on your Ipod, you need to have your videos as mp4 format. That's the only format that Ipod's can actually hold.

So if I covert the files I can just add them?

I never tried adding non itune video files on ipod I wasn't exactly sure how to do it.

Re: What Ipod you have

Yes that's correct. I never have bought one single thing off of the itunes store. It doesn't matter what type of video format it is. Just make sure before you transfer your video(s) to your Ipod, you have to have it as mp4. If you have the right program you can do it.

Re: What Ipod you have

Yeah I've never bought anything from Itunes either. I can't believe you guys don't convert movies and watch them on you're Ipod.... I mean how else do you have time to watch shitty horror movies? Oh and about "Big Brother" up here in Canada there isn't the same type of copy right laws as in the US plus if you know what you're doing it is perfectly safe.

Re: What Ipod you have

skfan wrote:

Yeah I've never bought anything from Itunes either. I can't believe you guys don't convert movies and watch them on you're Ipod.... I mean how else do you have time to watch shitty horror movies? Oh and about "Big Brother" up here in Canada there isn't the same type of copy right laws as in the US plus if you know what you're doing it is perfectly safe.

I only have a couple movies on my ipod, (itunes has only 5 horror movies on its site anyway and not good ones) I like collecting music videos and there hard to find and I don't have a video grabber so I can't get them from youtube.

I know all about DVD shrink and bit torrent but I like having the originals of my favorites and just transfer it to my ipod but I wasn't sure about how to do it.

Re: What Ipod you have

I don't know how to tranfer to MP4 either....I can only put songs onto Itunes and transfer them to my Ipod...other than that I'm done.

Re: What Ipod you have

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

I don't know how to tranfer to MP4 either....I can only put songs onto Itunes and transfer them to my Ipod...other than that I'm done.

There's 3 ways i know how you can accomplish this:

1. Go to this site and it explains exactly word for word how you can do it yourself:
http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks/ipod-video.ars

2. Here's 2 different sites for a Ipod Video Converter that you can download to your computer:
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

http://www.xilisoft.com/ipod-video-converter.html

3. The other thing that you can use it what i used to put videos on which is called Adobe After Effects.

So Death, i hope this helped you out.

Re: What Ipod you have

I have 3, an 80gb video black, 8gb nano black and a 1gb shuffle silver.

As you can tell music is a big influence in my life.

Re: What Ipod you have

pixel wrote:

I have 3, an 80gb video black, 8gb nano black and a 1gb shuffle silver.

As you can tell music is a big influence in my life.

There is nothing wrong with that smile and welcome to the forum!

Thanks again for your help BDD.

Re: What Ipod you have

You're welcome Golden. Anytime.

Re: What Ipod you have

Thanks BDD, I'll spend most of the day converting...I appreciate it.

Re: What Ipod you have

No problem Death. Anytime. I'm always happy to help out.

Re: What Ipod you have

I use Limewire to download music and videos.  Works like a charm.  smile

Re: What Ipod you have

Yeah but when it comes to Limewire, you have a 50/50 chance of having them sound good or not corrupted. So i would get Morpheus and use also demonoid. com where you get everything. Especially when you go into demonoid, you type in the specific artist and you get the full album and CD quality and the samething goes for videos, perfect quality.