Topic: Pocket Essentials George A. Romero

I just finished reading the Pocket Essential book on George Romero & highly recommend it to all Romero fans. It is full of loads of facts about his major films & not so major like There's Always Vanilla & Season of the Witch. It is very well written & there is a very interesting section called "No More Room in Hell" which is full of films that he was lined up to direct like Firestarter & surprisingly Scream & films that had scripts written but never made it. I knew that he was lined up originally to do Resident Evil & from what i read it could have been a much better film,

"After directing a trailer for Capcom Resident Evil 2 computer game, Romero was approached to direct a feature adaptation. His script was faithful to the first game but was rejected because of it's extreme gore and adult nature. Paul Anderson directed a teen-friendly version in 2002.

shame, a missed opportunity.

As i said i highly recommend this & It was also very cheap.

Re: Pocket Essentials George A. Romero

damn.. i would have liked to see the Romero version of RE

Yeah, i bet it would have been way better.

I agree. I like the RE films but if Romero had done it? Wow I can only imagine how frickin' awesome that would have been! > Thanks Zombie, I'm def. going to be on the lookout for this book, it sounds F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.! smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-06-06 12:24:23)

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

I agree. I like the RE films but if Romero had done it? Wow I can only imagine how frickin' awesome that would have been! > Thanks Zombie, I'm def. going to be on the lookout for this book, it stands F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C! smile

Likewise, i like the RE films but it would probably have been better. I got my copy from Amazon for about a pound plus postage.:)

ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:
BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

I agree. I like the RE films but if Romero had done it? Wow I can only imagine how frickin' awesome that would have been! > Thanks Zombie, I'm def. going to be on the lookout for this book, it stands F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C! smile

Likewise, i like the RE films but it would probably have been better. I got my copy from Amazon for about a pound plus postage.:)

thanks ZOMBIE SLASHER! romero is my favourite horror director and thanks to you mentioning it on amazon and for a pound have also ordered it . i have got the great book from years ago " THE ZOMBIES THAT ATE PITTSBURG" which is seling on amazon uk for £70 !!

Grrrr lol I really want this book but can't get from Amazon, don't use credit cards, and now I really frickin' want! lol, any advice??

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Grrrr lol I really want this book but can't get from Amazon, don't use credit cards, and now I really frickin' want! lol, any advice??

Do you use switch? Cause that is how i buy from Amazon.

Unfortunately no Zombie, that's why I feel stuck in a jam, & I gotta admit the pic. of the book just makes me want it more.

Maybe you could order it at a local book shop.

Might do that. Now I have a lil money, smile might actually do just that. Having this pocket essential would be a welcome addition to my book collection big_smile

Buy it, you will not be disappointed.:)

My dad met George once. Lucky as hell.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

My dad met George once. Lucky as hell.

Wow, that's pretty cool. How did that happen?

If you guys search the webz, you can find Romero's script for RE.

For the lazy, I have a link for it here.

Enjoy kids.

In the 30th anniversary Fango they had a list of all these films Romero was attached to. It's almost as if it was a joke.

I had so much fun playing RE, it would have been great to see a Romero version on film. Then it could have been remembered. sad