Topic: Which T.v Series Scared You As A Child?

Horror or otherwise.I honestly cannot think of any that did, i definitely was not scared of dr who. the only thing i can think of was a british  t.v series from 1973/4/5 called "Thriller" ( not to be confused with the 1960's boris karloff series) which didn't get shown here until the late 1980's. the opening music from that used to send shivers down my spine.anyway was there any show that scared you good people?

Re: Which T.v Series Scared You As A Child?

Night Gallery big_smile

I'm a youngen and watched Afraid of the Dark on Nickelodeon smile  It wasn't all that scary but a couple episodes got me pretty good.

The Karloff Thriller, Hitchcock presents and Outer Limits on reruns. They should run those again.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Night Gallery big_smile

Same here

Night Gallery, definitely.  And the made-for-TV flick Gargoyles used to scare the ever-lovin' pee pee juice out of me.

fredgarvin wrote:

Hitchcock presents

I remember that, I used to watch that all the time!

I remember when I was like 6 or 7, I got an episode of the Goosebumps TV series on VHS and I watched it on a car trip to South Dakota and it scared the crap out of me. I really find that funny watching that series now, because it's basically the corniest thing ever.

Tales from the Crypt, not so much the show as the Crypt Keeper

None lol I seeked out the scary and macabre but nothing scared me much. Trust me with a family like mine, TV was a welcome distraction smile

Are you afraid of the dark? scared me shitless. but then again so did the mean guy in the carebear

Thriller
Night Gallery
some Twilight Zones & Outer Limits & Dark Shadows episodes
HBO's The Hitchhiker had a few moments
Twin Peaks (Bob still creeps me the hell out LOL)

^ I'm with you about Bob from Twin Peaks!  There is just something about the character that gets under your skin and creeps you out. (Not that I was a kid when I watched it LOL)

I can remember some episodes of The Twilight Zone and Tales of the Unexpected scaring me, as well as Doctor Who and The Day of the Triffids (which I now own and isn't scary at all lol )

Last edited by pR1m3vil (2011-05-03 22:49:31)

The Outer Limits. (original 60's sereis)
Just bought the whole series on dvd.

Hitchcock
The Outer Limits
Hammer House of Horrors (still does)
Twilight Zone.

Didn't scare me but smile use to love Afraid of the Dark when I was young 'un

Veggie Tales scare me, talking veggies just aren't natural.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2009-05-03 18:42:05)

Night Gallery and The Outer Limits. To this day the old black and white outer limits scare the bejesus out of me especially "Galaxy Man" That old black and white cheezy sci fi was the best. seriously. the stories were always so good the cheezyness of the props does not get to you.

GALAXY MAN VIDEO

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLXkGGgqYz8[/youtube]

this is a movie but it scared me to death as a kid:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79_ljVC5Wk[/youtube]

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2009-05-03 19:28:02)

Even though I am a huge fan of Tales from the Darkside, the opening of the show always scared the crap out of me when watching it in the dark of my home.

TheDudeWithTheShotgun wrote:

Even though I am a huge fan of Tales from the Darkside, the opening of the show always scared the crap out of me when watching it in the dark of my home.

I'm with you on Darkside... come on you had Romero and Savini in on a couple episodes.

Twilight Zone.

end of story

(what i'd give to have Rod Serling write my material)

actually i can't think of any TV shows that freaked me out as a child.  there just wasn't anything that compared to seeing MANIAC.  After you saw this movie as a chiled everything paled.

gabs1515 wrote:

I'm a youngen and watched Afraid of the Dark on Nickelodeon smile  It wasn't all that scary but a couple episodes got me pretty good.

lol, that's what i was going to say, that show used to be freaky as hell

That face was pretty creepy...
http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/356/316/01/Are_you_afraid_of_the_dark_copy_32.jpg