Topic: 7eventy 5ive

Hey i found the trailer on Youtube and it looks pretty awesome...

As another semester draws to a close at the University of Dreyskill, a simple game dreamt to help students avoid studying becomes a bloody battle for survival in this stalk-and-slash frightener from filmmaking duo Brian Hooks and Deon Taylor. Dreyskill may have a reputation as a prestigious private school, but a group of students known as "The Crew" are sick of studying for finals and looking to have a little fun. In order to pas the time, they create a game called "75." The rules of 75 are simple: the participant in the game calls a random telephone number and attempts to scare the party on the other end of the line for 75 seconds; should the recipient of the call laugh or hang up, the player loses, and the player with the best call emerges victorious. By the time exams are over, 75 has become a popular campus pastime among all the students, and one rich classmate invites the Crew to his massive mansion in the Colorado hills for a wild weekend of partying. But when one of the Crew accidentally calls the wrong person, the once-playful scares become all too real

(youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-ss-xkHzc)

Re: 7eventy 5ive

I'm checking this out now on You Tube...and it appears the entire movie is posted there in like 10 different parts so I'll give it a look and see how it plays out...

I've also caught the 1972 Tales from the Crypt, the 1973 Vault of Horror, Creepshow 2 and the 1983 Dead Zone movies on You Tube this way too....awesome cool

OMFG...Earvin "Magic" Johnson is one of the executive producers...nice to see he took time after playing for the NBA, cheating on his wife and contracting HIV that he took the time to produce this film...Earvin "Magic" Johnson producing a horror flick...good god roll

edit: there might be SOME potential, as it stars Rutger Hauer and the hot chick from "Family Matters" Cherie Johnson...so I'll watch for awhile and see where it goes...

edit again: this is god awful dreadful...ugh...I think Hauer should gut all of these damn kids and save the day lol lol

Last edited by joe91074 (2009-01-11 22:00:01)

joe91074 wrote:

OMFG...Earvin "Magic" Johnson is one of the executive producers...nice to see he took time after playing for the NBA, cheating on his wife and contracting HIV that he took the time to produce this film...Earvin "Magic" Johnson producing a horror flick...good god roll

edit: there might be SOME potential, as it stars Rutger Hauer and the hot chick from "Family Matters" Cherie Johnson...so I'll watch for awhile and see where it goes...

edit again: this is god awful dreadful...ugh...I think Hauer should gut all of these damn kids and save the day lol lol

hahaha thats not nice....

you're right and I should have just said it was my opinion...I got too wrapped up in my own sarcasm. I couldn't for the life of me believe that Earvin frigging Johnson was producing this film mad I thought it had some potential with Rutger Hauer starring in it, snce I was a fan of his from when he was in "The Hitcher..." but alas it was not to be...even the Family Matters chick couldn't do it for me lol

it  appeared to me to just be an annoying young adult movie that the PG 13 crowd could enjoy and no one else...those college kids annoyed the living hell out of me and I wish that Rutger could have been revealed as the sadistic killer and hacked their asses to kingdom come...ugh... but I digress lol

I envy you in Miami right now...I would trade you in a hearbeat for all of this lovely snow and cold weather...ahhh, the joys of living in the Northeast...welcome to MY world tongue

Last edited by joe91074 (2009-01-12 22:36:12)

i saw this movie 2 years ago, i have only seen it once but i liked the movie and like where some one death were out of blue and i didn't like silly twist at the end made the whole movie ponitless!

i havent seen  it...so how do u guys like the movie? u saw the movie 2 years ago? where?
i barely heard of it recently...

Rutger Hauer, how he lets us down sometimes, roll

Well, the trailer looks ok, and the movie looks like a good saturday night watcher.

I had really liked the concept and storyline and the fact that the credits showed that Rutger Hauer was starring. However, before that, Magic's executive credit came on and I thought to myself wtf and just started laughing out loud, like he would know what horror is. The performances seemed to be just over the top for me by much of the young cast. Perhaps this movie would have been better suited to the teen crowd though it was rated R...though I must admit I liked the beginning when everyone was being slahed to bits and when the college kids gather around the phone and get the killer on the phone

I Saw this in shops the other day, i going to give a watch