Topic: UFC Fans-- Couture vs Sylvia

We got any any UFC fans here???

I'm not sure I like this idea for Couture, I dont see him really having a shot here....

I was not impressed whatsoever with Sylvia as a fighter until I saw him against Jeff Munson in his last title defense. Since then, I thought he deserved a lot more respect. His ground game, at least defensively, has improved tremendously and you can tell he has been working hard...
Still not one of my favorite fighters, but I think hes got alot heart and desire...

Re: UFC Fans-- Couture vs Sylvia

haha i am a bigtime ufc fan. www.ultimate-fighter.ca is my site. Sylvia has a major size advnatage over couture, but couture has the tools to defeat him. He is no Jeff monson, he has a sound GNP game.

Yea I think Sylvia has this fight won.. When I first saw Sylvia I thought he looked kind of goofy not really fit.. But when he went in the ring and destroyed whoever it was he was fighting at the time.. I learned you can't always judge a book by its cover..

But you know anybody has a shot in the UFC to pull out a victory.. So I haven't completely ruled out the idea that Couture could win.. but my instinct tells me to stick with Sylvia...

Couture was the HW champion defeating some REALL tough characters, guys much tougher then Tim Sylvia, that said Tim has a very large size advantage and knows how to use it. tim is half the fighter of most the guys who fight in the HW division, his big thing is he has size and a GREAT corner showing him how to use it.

Jeremy Horn and Pat Miletich have trained Tim Sylvia well. This fight for Randy will be a tough one but I give the fight to Randy.

I also can't wait to see the next PPV and Mirko Cro Cop with those kicks of his...That guy is something else..."Rampage" Jackson might be cool to see as well, apparently he has a victory over Lidell a couple years back...Also, quite a striker...

Yea I saw that fight between Rampage and Lidell.. I think Lidell lost because he wasn't following the gameplan that had been set out for him.. He may have underestimated Rampage I'm not sure but he got beat pretty handedly..

I like Rampage for his showmanship but I'm not sure how well he will do in the UFC.. He'll have to do a lot of work on his ground game..

Rampage unfortunately went to the WFA from PRIDE because he wasnt getting better. He hit his plateua and then went downhill as other fighters improved. I am glad to see him in the UFC and hope he puts on a good show.

Mirco CroCop is the 2nd best fighter in the world, i can not wait to see him give Tim Sylvia a taste of what Rich Franklin got from Anderson Silva who is a 2nd tier fighter from PRIDE which is where Mirco CroCop comes from and he is their 2nd best fighter.

BLAM BLAM, good night! Somebody get me a take out bag for Tim's teeth.

This is the greatest thread ever!  Pride vs. UFC battles on HM.ca?  Sweet.

For some reason I hate the personality of all of the fighters out of the Miletich camp.  they just seem like cocky-ass douchebags.  Skilled, nearly unbeatable, and deserving of respect?  Sure.  But still, I'd hate to get a beer with them.

Count me in as fan....I actually got to go to Ultimate Ultimate '96....That was awesome and it was before they had rounds and weight classes. Tank Abott knocked out a little guy and it looked like he killed the guy. I guess that is why they have weight classes now.

Cool...good to see some fans here...

I think the one guy in the UFC to really get noticed by everyone is Michael Bisping (The Count)... I lenjoyed watching this guy on TV in The Ultimate Fighter, and I was so happy to see him get his first win in his UFC debut at the last PPV...I think this guy is something special....

Michael Bisping has been noticed by the ufc and is the current european champion, BUT I think he is way over hyped. I also agree Miletich fighters are cocky, but since they have dominated the ufc for the last 8 years i guess they are allowed smile

I agree that Bisping has been over hyped, and he certainly did not dominate in his first bout, but I think he is just a great fighter and i think he matches up really well with folks in the UFC, but we'll see....Since the UFC began getting involved with reality TV, anyone who does well is going to get that extra bit of hype simply because they exist as a UFC product...

By the way Meh, thanks for putting up that review of The Man with the Screaming Brain. I've been meaning to ask about it for some time...I think it looks pretty fun if even a little silly....It's all about Bruce I suppose...

no problem killjoy, be sure to post your own reviews on your morguespace page smile And yeha I think that Bisping can perform well so long as he doesnt face any Grapplers.

So tonight, Cro Cop starts his march towards the title in UFC...
Lutter  missed his weigh-in as well, so that sucks for him...I think Silva would still kick his ass though...

I am so glad that Randy whooped Tim Silva's ass last weekend.

I wanna see him beat the shit outta Ortiz.

Randy already did at UFC 44....complete and total domination with an ass spank in the 5th round.  I'll hate to see Randy lose to Cro Cop....but it will happen.

two things to keep in mind with couture vs crocop. CroCop has a glass chin and Randy backs up his wrestling with some mean punches. He knocked Tim Sylvia flat, and although I dont like Tim he can take a punch better then crocop. To be clear CroCop is a way better fighter then Tim, Tim just takes a punch better.

Next up for CroCop after his fight against Gonzales is Randy Couture and I will be rooting for my boy Randy.

Meh wrote:

two things to keep in mind with couture vs crocop. CroCop has a glass chin and Randy backs up his wrestling with some mean punches. He knocked Tim Sylvia flat, and although I dont like Tim he can take a punch better then crocop. To be clear CroCop is a way better fighter then Tim, Tim just takes a punch better.

Next up for CroCop after his fight against Gonzales is Randy Couture and I will be rooting for my boy Randy.

Lots of people aruge that Cro Cop has a weak chin...look at his previous opponents, he'd been KO'd once, that was by Randleman....and he got lucky with the hammerfist to the face, not to the chin...Cro Cop went the entire length with Fedor and took some great shots, never stumbling or appearing to be "rocked"....As much as I love Randy, and as much as I don't want to see him lose....I personally think that Cro Cop is far too agile on his feet for Randy to do any damage...I mean C'mon, Cro Cop was a K-1 champ for years, his foot movement is almost perfect, he's not like the sluggish Tim Sylvia who back straight up and moves straight forward.  Randy has his work cut out for him, but the one advantage I will give is the ground....If Couture can secure a takedown....he can get the better of Cro Cop. 

Like I said, I love both fighters, but I think Cro Cop has the fight.

yeah frankly i love randy but crocop has the fight in the bag 8 out of 10 times. That said CroCop does have a glass chin and fortunately has a fast recovery.

Fast recovery, fast speed, fast and lethal punches, fast leg kicks....the guy is a machine, I can't wait until they do the superbowl of MMA and Cro Cop can rematch with Fedor.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

Randy already did at UFC 44....complete and total domination with an ass spank in the 5th round.  I'll hate to see Randy lose to Cro Cop....but it will happen.

UFC 44......you mean Randy beat Tito's ass already? Cool, I need to see if I can download it on Youtube then cause I gotta see that one.

RIP wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:

UFC 44......you mean Randy beat Tito's ass already? Cool, I need to see if I can download it on Youtube then cause I gotta see that one.

Yeah Randy manhandled him every single second of that fight....go to www.utorrent.com and you DL this real small program, but it allows you to DL torrents from other people...free, no spam, lots of UFC stuff on there too.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RIP wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:

Yeah Randy manhandled him every single second of that fight....go to www.utorrent.com and you DL this real small program, but it allows you to DL torrents from other people...free, no spam, lots of UFC stuff on there too.

Awesome buddy, thanks......I appreciate it.

What belt are you? I took Tae Kwon Doe for many years when I was a kid and some back in college and I hold a black belt in it. But I'm old now so I don't know if I can even do a roundhouse kick now, lol.

RIP wrote:
DeathbyHighKick wrote:
RIP wrote:

Awesome buddy, thanks......I appreciate it.

What belt are you? I took Tae Kwon Doe for many years when I was a kid and some back in college and I hold a black belt in it. But I'm old now so I don't know if I can even do a roundhouse kick now, lol.

I've taken BJJ for about 5 years, and I'm a purple belt in it....aside from that, I did Tae Kwon Do when I was a lad, only got up to an orange....Now I just do kickboxing, BJJ, and boxing.