Topic: Evil Dead: Regeneration PS2

Anyone play Evil Dead: Regeneration on playstation 2?
I don't have any Evil Dead games because I have read bad shit about them and supposedly this one is better then the others, but how much better?

Just deciding if I should fork out the money or not

Re: Evil Dead: Regeneration PS2

I've seen this games in stores a lot.  To me they look really stupid, and I wouldnt spend my money on them.  There probrably pretty much all the same, im guessing.

I have played through a few levels on it and found it highly entertaining. It's definently a game for the fans , rather than casual gamers.
The start is good cos it has that scene from evil dead 2 where everything in the cabin starts laughing in a sadistic way.

It shudn't cost that much and i wud advise buying it, if your a big fan. In a way we are lucky to get an evil dead game, cos how long was it when the last evil dead film came out. It was definently a while ago.

I just hope that they one day do a freddy, jason, leatherface and micheal myers game. Where u pick a character and do missions. I would like to see this be done in a grand theft auto style game with free roam.

I have mentioned this before on this site. Just imagine the possibilities , rockstar cud do the game and you could have wes craven and tobe hooper helping out 2 . I'm sure sum 1 else must of thought of this cos i had this idea for years. Surely game producers know that these franchises are very popular and a free roam game with these characters wud be a dream cum true.

It wud be endless fun, u cud have each character in there familiar settings. For example, leatherface's missions cud be in texas and freddy's cud be in a dream world where u can manipulate everything. Later on in the game u cud come up against the remaining 3  killers as the bosses at the end of the game or summet.   

There cud also be side missions, like kill as many ppl as possible in a time limit. Leatherface cud get his victims by setting up a hills have eyes type trap on the roads and u av to trap ppl and do what u will with them. The police wud cum knocking on the texas chainsaw families door as well and u wud av to answer the correct questions like on that game called the indigo prophecy. For example, you wud av to press buttons in time with what it says on the screen. If u fail then the polices suspicion levels go up and back up is called.

I don't know , im sure game designers cud cum up with better things. I av ideas for the other characters but it wud take 2 long. Here's just a little one, for jason, u wud av 2 do missions for ure mum ( naturally). Some of the side missions wud involve group death matches between the characters ,where if ure freddy u can smash things and collect dream power from them or summet and u can switch the present time to dream world and get sum leathal hits in there for example. There's is soooooo many things available that cud be done. GAME PRODUCERS READ THIS !!!! lol lol. Anyway, i wud like to hear other ppls ideas, we shud get a petition going lol .

Last edited by adamroddis (2006-09-02 14:39:57)

great post adam, but a suggestion use paragraphs my man lol.. it was tough for my half blind self to read smile I will have to check this game out it seems.

I actually do own this game and am a huge fan of Bruce Campbell and the Evil Dead movies. The game is really fun and the smart ass catch phrases are all there. You have a little deadite friend that runs with you in the game named Sam that is voiced by Ted Raimi and the banter between Bruce and Ted is great in the cut scenes.
I think even new the game is only like $20, well worth the price.

Haha, I've seen it in a bargain bin for like 5 bux.  I dont know, its hard to see me liking a game based off of a movie which changed the way I look at horror.  I think that movie might have inspired almost every filmmaker in the horror genre.  If not, a whole lot.

i know that this is a reall old topic, but i borrowed this game from a friend of mine, and iv been having alot of fun with it. thers alot of one liner jokes that make th game entertaining and if your sidekick Sam starts to get annong, you can kick him and he will shut up. i love it.

wish I could find the game, I can't find it. I'd like to play it but I gotta find it first.

The game was fun, but became repetitive with "Peepers".  I really enjoyed Fistful of Boomstick, since it has a ton of one-liners, and you play during different timelines.

I've played every Evil Dead game they've ever put out and though I wasn't a big fan of this one, it's still the best one out there.  I just wish they'd focus more on the graphics instead of making them all cartoony.  Give it the feel of a Silent Hill or Indigo Prophecy or Resident Evil, turn up the scares and carnage and have at it.