Topic: Freddy's Nigthmare

I have never seen this show, i don't think it ever been on TV in  the UK and i know it not DVD in the UK

I Just found the whole of season 1 on youtube!

Is the show worth watching?

What did everyone else think of the show?

Re: Freddy's Nigthmare

I'm hoping to finally come to dvd, Hopefully when the remake of NOES come out it will help bring this show onto dvd.

Sorry BASSI, just knowing Freddy was on primetime made me not want to watch it...

I own the complete series on vhs, nothing really special but a few episodes are pretty good.

Been ages since i watched the series.

Very cheapskate effects , Freddy himself only appeared a couple of times to kill , most of the stories doesn't really involves freddy at all.

I remember that i was kind of dissapointed that Freddy doesn't appear more often.

I loved it as a kid. A fun watch now, but it's really a parody of itself.

yea this and the friday the 13th series could really use a nice dvd box set treatment

I finally got the final episode on dvd back in February (after waiting about 8 months). Anyhow, being OCDish like I am, I transfered each episode from my dvr over to dvd in "High Quality" mode. In total there's 44 dvds lol. Most of the commercials have been edited out. I was lucky enough to get the versions that aren't edited so everything is there (as far as I know). Back in the late 80's when this first aired on television it didn't appeal to me. But when I found out Chiller was airing the series along with "Werwolf", I had my cable service dropped and went to satellite. I'm glad I did because I couldn't live without Chiller lol. Anyhow, FN appeals alot more to me nowdays than what it did 20 years ago. I guess I have learned to appreciate even films that lack things

Freddy's Nightmares has just started running on Zone Horror , i watched the first episode that was directed by Tobe Hooper. I thought it was pretty good how it was a prequel to the film. I haven't watched the 2nd episode yet but will be watching the whole series. The 3rd episode is on tonight if anyone is interested.

I watched this as a teen, then never saw it again until 2007 when "Chiller" aired it.  I recorded them on VHS, and one day I'll transfer them to my PC and then to DVD...unless a Box Set is made.  Then I'll buy that.

The show wasn't that bad, but Season 2 was worse than Season 1.  A lot of the episodes had that dark humor to them.  I wasn't too upset by having Freddy in the background, since the other actors could do their own thing.  Plus you see a lot of actors who have done other things (biggest name is probably Brad Pitt) on the show.

Tobe Hooper's pilot episode got things off to an inspired start, but I lost interest after the first season as well. It was an interesting idea. Was never a huge fan of the movies aside from the first, they seemed to get worse as they went, so I wasn't expecting much from the series - for horror on TV in the late 80s it wasn't bad though LOL.

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2009-06-26 22:59:41)

all I can say is I've watch the Friday the 13th the TV show and I really enjoyed it, thought it was pretty cool.....that and Poltergiest:The Legacy

prddad wrote:

Sorry BASSI, just knowing Freddy was on primetime made me not want to watch it...

WELCOME TO PRIME TIME, BITCH

Poltergeist the legacy was crap.

Having watched a few of series 1 i see it as kinda like Tales from the Crypt where like the creep Freddy comes at the start & end to make a comment.

ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:

Freddy's Nightmares has just started running on Zone Horror , i watched the first episode that was directed by Tobe Hooper. I thought it was pretty good how it was a prequel to the film. I haven't watched the 2nd episode yet but will be watching the whole series. The 3rd episode is on tonight if anyone is interested.

It's showing on Zone Horror? I've not seen it. Seen Millennium and Friday the 13th: The Series on the TV listings screens on Sky, but not Freddy's Nightmares.

BASSI wrote:

I have never seen this show, i don't think it ever been on TV in  the UK and i know it not DVD in the UK

Is the show worth watching?

What did everyone else think of the show?

I'm sure Freddy's Nightmares has been shown on Sky One many years ago, and possibly on ITV in all or some ITV regions.

I hope there are not music or any other legal issues stopping a DVD release of at least the first season being released. I think Warner Brothers have the rights to it. It was asked about in an old Home Theater Forum chat with Warner Brothers, whether there were any plans to release it. The answer was "no plans at the moment". Hopefully they will release the show on DVD when the remake of ANOES comes out. If the original NOES films were re-released on DVD then the TV series could be released as well. It's happened with the Paramount Friday the 13th movies and Friday the 13th: The Series.

I haven't seen much of the show so I can't give an opinion on whether it is worth watching.

The one episode of Freddy's Nightmares I saw was the one where the parents get their revenge on Freddy. One of these people was a policeman, who ended up in a dentists chair with Freddy in the same room.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-07-04 13:24:19)

Hey Wavecrest, it's on at 8pm weekdays but it's half way through the series but they have started it again through the night & it's only a few episodes in.:)

Oh good, thanks for letting me know. smile

Just checked the date of your post which I quoted in my last post. I checked Zone Horror's listings a couple of days ago for tomorrow and Tuesday night, and saw that episodes 21 and 22 of the first season are being shown. So Zone Horror started showing the first season of Freddy's Nightmares on Monday 8th June. That matches with what you said further up this page, that episode 3 was shown on Wednesday 10th June.

I had a look at the listings for the early hours of the morning and couldn't see the show. I was thinking Zone Horror show films at night and into the early hours of the morning, with TV shows shown in the daytime and into late evening. I was surprised when I saw that Freddy's Nightmares was being shown at 8 pm (repeated one hour later at 9 pm on Zone Horror + 1).

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-07-05 17:08:22)

^ They were showing it about 3am when i last looked.

I checked a TV listings website called LocateTV a couple of days ago for Freddy's Nightmares, and yes they are showing it around 3 am in the morning. I wasn't sure how many seasons there were. Checked on EpGuides.com and there were two seasons. The one Zone Horror have been showing aired during the 1988-89 season. I'll email Zone Horror and ask them if they have the rights to the second and final season.

Another episode I remember (only from stills I've seen on a film or TV website) has Freddy impersonating a chef in a cafe.

I've watched a few on "Chiller" and they're pretty tacky even for Nightmare on Elm Street standards. The episode with Brad Pitt is pretty funny, he overacts everything especially during the second part. I prefer the movie continuity though.

Watched a couple of episodes from the first season earlier this week (shown on Zone Horror). The first episode was about a teenage boy who was having nightmares about a murderer called The Chopper. The second was about a teenage girl who was hired by the CIA to help prevent a disaster. There were no teasers shown before the episodes but there were ad bumpers before and after each advert break.

Last edited by WaveCrest (2009-07-25 17:50:51)

The only episode I really remember of this show was where the chick's running track and gets her capo detated when she crosses the finish line.

Though I think I may also remember an episode where Lance Henriksen plays a gambler who challenges his biggest rival in a game of Russian Roulette.

I watched this when i was younger and just recently seen them on aol.com . I went back to aol and they had them removed !:(

I actually ordered bootleg copies off of a guy on the internet, and they were very good copies actually. V:8, A:8. The dude that sold them to me recorded them off of Chiller. You gotta realize that with video that old you can only ask for so much quality that wasn't available even in the original copies.

It is better to watch them in order of release because some of the earlier episodes actually have continuity with future episodes (i.e. "No More Mr. Nice Guy/"Sister's Keeper", "Dream Come True"/"Dreams that Kill", "Lucky Stiff"/"Easy Come, Easy Go", "Photo Finish"/"It's My Party and You'll Die If I Want You to.").

I remember watching them as a kid. They used to come on late at night, after SNL, midnight on Saturdays. I rarely remember seeing Freddy other than as a host of the show, but watching some of the copies I have now, I can actually notice that he did make somewhat frequent appearances as an active player in he story line. I'd say in about 11 or 12 episodes, which would be about 25% of the total episodes.

Last edited by smithnya (2009-08-16 15:18:53)