Re: FRITT VILT

Awesome looking site.  Thanks for the link.

A quick update to this thread. (btw: I have no affiliation with the people that made this movie, and I live in the US, so I haven't been able to see it myself, yet).

Seems to get some decent reviews (I saw at least a couple 4 stars out of 6.)

Apparently, some US film companies have approached the team, and some limited release or straight to dvd publication in the US is possible. There are even insinuations in some articles, that it may be re-done as a US movie down the line. (It's happened to some Norwegian films in the past, like "Insomnia" which originally took place in North of Norway, but in the US version, I believe they put it in Alaska).

I couldn't really understand the site, or the trailer because I dont speak that tongue, but it look promising as a good slasher flick, I am guessing.

The trailer is under the section 'video' easy to spot.

Good trailer and very nice site.

This slasher looks REALLY good! Can't wait to see it.

I just watched Fritt Vilt and thought it was a great slasher flick.

I think I've seen the trailer. First heard about the movie in last month's issue of Film Review magazine. What got me immediately interested was the description - "a Norwegian Friday the 13th".

Last edited by WaveCrest (2007-09-11 17:37:15)

Well I just watched the film Cold Prey(aka Fritt Vilt) and overall I thought it was an okay slasher film but nothing great by any means. I guess I went into this film with big expectations and was a little disappointed in it.

The characters were kinda lame and a bit unexciting to say the least. The english dubbing on it was quite annoying at times. The kills were decent but not as gory as I thought they would have been or could have been.

I mean the slasher film from a few years ago called Shredder was wayyy better than this film imho.

The girl's in this film were what you call ummmm.....let's just say I can find better looking girl's at the pub with my BEER goggles on lol.

I give this film a 5 out of 10 at best.

Hopefully the sequel will have better kills and gore in it and better characters I hope.

I just finished watching it and I agree with RIP. I'm really dissapointed. I'm not sure why everyone gives this movie such good reviews. Like RIP said, Shredder was MUCH better.

I never compared it to anything. I enjoy watching it. My DVD is PAL so it only has English subs with no English dubbing.
You guys were expecting way too much from it I think.

^ I will admit that I probally would have liked it a lot better if I wouldn't have had such high expectations.

The blonde headed actress in it reminded me of the large friendly alien at the end of Close Encounters of the Third Kind lol......she had a wierd looking face lol.:lol::P

I made a review for Cold Prey on MMS.

I owe the makers of this film an apology. After watching it 2 more times I'm really starting to enjoy it(thats why I don't write reviews the first time I watch something). Cold Prey reminds me alot of the original MBV and Friday the 13th. My only complaint is the kills. The Prom Night remake was rated PG-13 and had more blood. BTW Turn on subtiltles. It's much better without the horrible dubbing.

Yes the dubbing is horrible. And you're right about the blood. Although I didn't see Prom Night I have seen clips. However this movie was way more intense (and obviously as you said) way better. But I thought the same thing, not a lot of blood, but the kills are still more viscious. I loved the movie.

^ Your right, the kills were alot more viscious and you actually cared when the victims died. Unlike Prom Night.

You're so right about the dubbing Suspiria, after 10 minutes I restarted it with the subs. I was still a little dissapointed, but my expectations were way too high. Overall a very good, but not great slasher.

I just watched Cold Prey and the sequel (with subtitles not dubbing) and they fucking rocked!

Honestly, these were the best slasher films that I've seen for years. And I think that Ingrid Bolsø Berdal who plays Jannicke is the hottest, sexiest Norwegian actress ever!

http://www1.vg.no/uploaded/image/bilderigg/2007/11/26/1196077892594_969.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/41/l_dc2540d8094938e5b2dbc133028852bb.jpg

Thats awesome you liked Fritt Vilt, Doc... I can't wait to see the sequel which will be very soon.

Cool! i want to see this movie and for me it has no hype cuz ive never heard of cold prey.