Topic: We all do dumb things

In the General Horror discussion, a thread was posted that allowed us to share some true and personal experiences with frightening events in our lives.  So I got to thinking, why not have a thread to display the stupidity in our lives.  I know I can tell a few stories about how stupid I have been.

The first story that comes to mind took place about five or six years ago when I was waiting in my mom's van to go to the dentist.  Just sitting there, not knowing what to do, I began staring at the cigarette lighter.  I had never used it before (mainly cause I don't smoke) and was curious as to how the thing worked.  So I pulled it out and stuck my finger inside and touched that orangish/pinkish spiral and nothing happened.  So it wasn't hot.  When I stuck it back in, however, I noticed that I could push it in like a button, even after it was all the way in.  So, I pushed the cigarette lighter in all the way and then took it back out.  Can you guess what I did?  Yep, I touched that spiral with my finger again.  And sure enough, that sucker was HOT!  I whipped my finger out of there and to put a long story short, I went to the dentist with a bandaide on my finger.

I've got a few other stories but I'll wait with those.  Anyone else have stupid (or blonde) moments.  Just remember, you don't have to pay too much for auto insurance (bad joke, I know).

Re: We all do dumb things

The dummiest thing I ever did, I was about 15 years old filled my mouth  with the butane from a lighter, blew it out and caught it on fire like Gene Simmons of Kiss. It was impressive and the kids thought it was kewl. But HEY WHAT WAS I THINKING????
Glad I didn't breathe back in.

Back when i was at college, i believe 4 years ago, i can't remember, well it was 2 of my buddies and i decided to take adhesive glue and rub it on out hands, so i did it and lit my hand on fire. One of them had a camera and took a picture. I believe i did it twice and one of the pictures he took of me was with my hand burning and holding up my middle finger.

When I was really young, I tried to do a back flip off of a swing set.  I landed on my face.  The next day, I looked like that monster from "The Goonies".

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2007-04-03 13:04:33)

Hey when i was a kid, i was with my best friend and we were at the creek right by our houses and there was a piece of rusted metal and i through and after i through it my hand was completely covered in blood.

When I was between the ages of 12 and 14, I was playing with the cats on my farm during summer break.  I would toss this toy and the cats would grab it, but not bring it back.  It was kind of a fetch game with the cats, except that they never brought the toy back and I would chase them around on all fours.  Anyways, while I was chasing them, I neglected to look where I was going and slammed my head into a steel pole with like a teeth edge.  I quickly put my hand up to my head and my hand was almost instantly covered in blood.  So I went into the house where I had to wait a 2-3 hours because my mom and dad were at work, my grandma couldn't drive, and I was the oldest one home (aside from grandma).  I'm always sure to watch where I am going now.

Just a couple years back me my cousine and myself were playing catch in my cousins yard. Well his yard was an old paintball field and had a bunch of big wire wheels in it. So the ball was thrown ay up high and i went running, not looking where i was going I slammed into the wheel. I remember blacking out and throwing up cause i hit my groin. Now I am pretty cautious.

i have a few, and they r all really stupid. i was with some of my friends, and we were messin around, and we made a ramp on a gravel road for my friends bike. all of my friends didnt go off it very fast, except me (tryin to show off) went off it as fast as i could and hit the ground, skid out, and slammed right into a tree. i had to pull alot of gravel out of my arm.
another time my friends were all riding their skateboards, but i was too poor to have one, so i was riding a skooter. we came to this really long and steep hill and only me my friend Scott were brave enough to go down it. but what i didnt realize was that there were a bunch of sticks in the road and i hit one, fell off my skooter, and rolled about 15 feet. 3 of my toe nails popped up and i had cuts all on my knees and elbows. it was alot of fun though and id do it again.

I had a simular expierence with the car cig lighter.  Except I touched my tounge to it.  The guy in the car next to us winced.  I was 23.

I fell from a two story house when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was a bet and I, obviously, lost. Surprisingly, I didn't break any bones but I was in pain for like three days. Hehehehe...

I had a Superman pijama (did I write that right?) and I jumped off from a fence. Again, I didn't break any bones.

I put a glass ball (the ones you put on a Xmas tree) into my mouth and crushed it but I didn't need any stitches.

I lived in Cozumel and I swimmed a lot. One day I wanted to test my limits and I swam (in the ocean) until I couldn't move anymore. My stupid brain didn't calculate the fact that I needed strength to go back. A fisherman saved my ass.

I've tons of stupid things in my life.

deathgate666 wrote:

i have a few, and they r all really stupid. i was with some of my friends, and we were messin around, and we made a ramp on a gravel road for my friends bike. all of my friends didnt go off it very fast, except me (tryin to show off) went off it as fast as i could and hit the ground, skid out, and slammed right into a tree. i had to pull alot of gravel out of my arm.
another time my friends were all riding their skateboards, but i was too poor to have one, so i was riding a skooter. we came to this really long and steep hill and only me my friend Scott were brave enough to go down it. but what i didnt realize was that there were a bunch of sticks in the road and i hit one, fell off my skooter, and rolled about 15 feet. 3 of my toe nails popped up and i had cuts all on my knees and elbows. it was alot of fun though and id do it again.

That last story gave me goosebumps.

Nails popping out usually create that effect. Now that I think of it, I think it's only part that creeped me out in the TCM remake, hehehe.

God me, my sister and brothers did the stupidest shit when we were kids thats why my mother has the gray hair she has..

We've stuck my brother in the dryer and turned it on..tied my other brother up and left him in the bedroom until my mom came home..my threw me through the vacum cleaner..all sorts of shit..lol we were little bastards lets just say..

but the one that I think was worse was when I made my sisters leg go through a metal wreck...we were wrecking leaves to jump in and we were using a metal wreck which we weren't suppost to be but of course what child listens to there parents not us lol..so my sisters like I'll jump and make sure we didn't get any rocks in there and then you can go so she jumped and I was like screw this I'm jumping so I did and my sisters like something doesn't feel right you need to get off me because I jumped right on her so I got up and shes like my ankle hurts really bad and theres a hole in my pants so lifted her pant leg and there was a big hole in her leg I was like ooh shit I'm dead my parents our gonna kill me because I did it..so she hobbles her way into the house and sits on the floor and tells my mom shes gonna need stitches and almost passed I felt so bad and felt like such an ass..good thing is I didn't get grounded for it..another thing is this time its me there were these older kids over at the playground I lived by so I went over now I'm about 8 or 9 yrs old and there doing those flips with the monkey bars were you put your feet through and flip so I went over and of course I want to show off so I got up there like hot shit playing on them and then I go for the flip I got around but then let go and fell right on my chest knocked the wind out of me..so I got up holding my chest and slowly walking away as the older kids were laughing there ass off at me..lol

when I was little/8 or 9 playing at my neighbors house, we were playing tarzan and I picked all the rubarb cuz it has big leaves and we used them as plates. I wasn't allowed to play there for a few months, whoops:) I climbed into an old cooler, back then they were made out of metal, I was small and curled up in it and shut the lid. My freind sat on it and wouldn't get off, almost no air left, finally she got up. I wasn't the happiest camper!!!

TiM the Zombie wrote:
deathgate666 wrote:

That last story gave me goosebumps.

ya, it was pretty nasty lookin, but really cool at the same time. it hurt really bad too.