Re: Stephen King's Cell

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

my Fav King book is Dreamcatcher and IT

Awesome smile. You know I also love Repo, looks like we have some things in common tongue.

Re: Stephen King's Cell

See and you hated me at first, lol.  Repo is probably one of my favorite NEW movies, that and The Orphanage (repo is my avatar)

Re: Stephen King's Cell

So, Garden, what's you favorite non-existent movie?

Re: Stephen King's Cell

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

See and you hated me at first, lol.  Repo is probably one of my favorite NEW movies, that and The Orphanage (repo is my avatar)

The Orphanage was so sad but yeah it's a great film.

I loved Repo because i'm actually a pretty big Paris Hilton fan.

Re: Stephen King's Cell

Baby_Firefly wrote:

I loved Repo because i'm actually a pretty big Paris Hilton fan.

Explain this please... I mean, she did well in Repo, but I can't reconcile exactly how someone can be a fan of that trollop and sitll be able to look at themselves in the mirror.

Maybe I'm missing something. The music that she's put out is pretty horrendous, even in comparison to some of the other atrocious pop music out there.

Not trying to offend you. Just one guy's opinion... Maybe she actually did do something worthwhile and I missed it.

Re: Stephen King's Cell

The movie was good but I never read the book. i have not read a book really since the 80's lol  i have no attention span

Re: Stephen King's Cell

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:
Baby_Firefly wrote:

I loved Repo because i'm actually a pretty big Paris Hilton fan.

Explain this please... I mean, she did well in Repo, but I can't reconcile exactly how someone can be a fan of that trollop and sitll be able to look at themselves in the mirror.

Maybe I'm missing something. The music that she's put out is pretty horrendous, even in comparison to some of the other atrocious pop music out there.

Not trying to offend you. Just one guy's opinion... Maybe she actually did do something worthwhile and I missed it.

Nah it's ok i'm used to people reacting like that.

When I first started liking her it was because of The Simple Life, I actually didn't really know who she was before that and thought she was really funny on the show.

I like her music and her perfumes and her bag and shoe lines. I just think that people judge her too harshly, she's really a sweet and funny woman.

Re: Stephen King's Cell

EasterBunnyKiller wrote:

Maybe she actually did do something worthwhile and I missed it.

One Night In Paris. lol

Re: Stephen King's Cell

One Night In Paris is about as erotic as watching Matlock

Re: Stephen King's Cell

if Matlock were an over-privileged, nude, emotionless, unimaginative, small-boobied,
arguably attractive female

just thought I'd clarify lol lol

Re: Stephen King's Cell

umm .. since when is Matlock NOT erotic?

Re: Stephen King's Cell

guess you're a big fan of hot-dogs too LOL

(if you never watched it you won't get that reference and just think I'm being a douche,
well I am anyways I guess...carry on)

Re: Stephen King's Cell

got the reference .. but i think wiener would have been more appropriate.

Re: Stephen King's Cell

whew........that's just too easy - I'll be nice LOL

Re: Stephen King's Cell

deadhorse13 wrote:

if Matlock were an over-privileged, nude, emotionless, unimaginative, small-boobied,
arguably attractive female

just thought I'd clarify lol lol

Oi leave her alone. I doubt you know the full story behind that, or understand what an emotionally abusive and manipulating jerk Rick was towards her.

I'm not being a bitch but I'm always going to defend my girl Paris lol.

Re: Stephen King's Cell

I love Stephen King and think that his Gunslinger series will one day be considered classic American Lliterature. But Cell was awful, painful, and boorish.

Re: Stephen King's Cell

I am a fan of King . but I agree, it seems like he gets really cool and spooky ideas and they make a great beginning of  abook bu the has fallen flat on many many stories. Thats what happened with cell . I do enjoy his short stories.  Nightmares and Dreramscapes especially Ten o'clock people. ( reminds me of They Live ) ' It' was great until the whole space spider thing. .

Re: Stephen King's Cell

jmh314 wrote:

Nah, I'm happy leaving King off my bookshelf but thanks for the recommendations.  I am not a big horror reader to begin with.  I read lots of obscure fiction and fantasy and stuff.  Hell of a lot more intriguing stuff than most the horror i've read.

I also read a bunch of not-so-well known fiction and fantasy.  Any favorite authors?  For fantasy I'm a big fan of Feist and McKerinan (kind of a LoTR universe).


Break here.  Paris Hilton produced music!  Thank the heebie jeebies I missed that shite.

Re: Stephen King's Cell

I was reading this book at the start of the, this was second i was reading, i try to read it once before but I stop half away. This time read the whole thing,

I agree with everyone that the Book started of really good but i did not like how it ended!