Topic: Bioshock 2 Delayed until 2010

In a move that saddens me yet at the same time excites me is one that I didnt see coming.  I was a huge fan of the action/horror shooter Bioshock and have been eagerly awaiting the sequel.  With a release date of November 3rd on the horizon...

Read More : Bioshock 2 Delayed until 2010

Re: Bioshock 2 Delayed until 2010

Agreed. Bioshock is a gaming masterpiece. The first restored my faith in art deco, self-mutilation (enhancement) and PC gaming. Really a brilliantly executed concept and I hope the second is a similar experience. Can't wait.

Yeah as long as the delay is to make it a better experience I'm all for it as much as it sucks. I bet they are working to polish the multiplayer mode a bit since that's gonna be a new big feature

To tell you the truth I did not find Bioshock entertaining at all, Fallout 3 has it beat by a mile! big_smile

See im the opposite Myers. I put in twelve hours on fallout and just couldn't take it anymore. I was bored as hell and hated the VATS system

With the first one as good as it was, I am willing to wait for the 2nd to come out...hope the online play is good...thats really all the first game lacked

jmh314 wrote:

See im the opposite Myers. I put in twelve hours on fallout and just couldn't take it anymore. I was bored as hell and hated the VATS system

I know a ton of people that feel the same way as you jhm, but to me Bioshock seemed seemed to make no sense.

For the most part I enjoyed BioShock, but I wasn't spellbound by it. To me it was a pretty run of the mill FPS. Yeah, the graphics were pretty, the story was neat, and the plasmids brought a neat twist to the gameplay... but...
Having said that, I think BioShock 2 is going to be awesome. Being able to go into underwater environments... playing as Big Daddy Prime... and seeing Rapture far more degraded. Should be awesome.

I just found BioShock to be System Shock underwater. Even the plot twist was kinda samey.

I enjoyed the first Bioshock it was a fun and creepy experience that was enjoyable and somewhat at times challenging. I can't wait for the second one but it sucks that its been delayed sad

Hopefully for you gamers, it won't turn into a Duke Nukem Forever fiasco.

Sometimes I miss gaming when there are good sci-fi (or is it SyFy?  Blerg) and horror game releases.  I'm just not good enough to enjoy a $300 system and $50(?) games.  I could barely beat the Resident Evil games, and that was on a used PS with used discs.  I still break it out once in a while, especially for Air Combat.  Love that game.

ha, it's syfy, The Resident Evil Games are probaly the best SyFy/ zombie game i've ever played.. But some people say "oh it's easy to beat those games." Im like Bullshit.. lol

myersfan72 wrote:

ha, it's syfy, The Resident Evil Games are probaly the best SyFy/ zombie game i've ever played.. But some people say "oh it's easy to beat those games." Im like Bullshit.. lol

I agree.  Try taking on Tyrant with only pistol ammo left!  Might as well just try peeing on his leg.  And the Lickers are not much more fun.

HEHE, I know someone who killed Tyrant will a pistol, It's fricken crazy...
Lickers... Dont mention those fuckers.. lol

That is lame. This game is gonna be huge.

I'm late on the bioshock goodness. tongue I just picked up a ps3 this last december and got bioshock a few weeks back. Beat it and now I'm gonna go back through it. I love it.

Can't wait for the sequel! It has one of the most unique gaming environments I've ever seen.

I am so anxious to play this game. But the longer it takes to come out, the better I can save up and pimp out my PC.

I have only played the demo that I found on XBL.. Its ok.. I might rent it one of these days to take a crack at the story.. It seems like every game is getting pushed to 2010.. Its gonna be a VERY crowded Q1..

By the way if you are looking for a bad ass "syfy" game.. Check out Mass Effect.. This game is simply amazing and what BioWare is doing with the entire triology is going to be epic.. Check it out.