Topic: Freddy's Nightmare In Human Flesh, Elm Street prequel on the way!

Any of you that hang around Horror Movies Ca enough should probably all ready know about this, Robert Englund has been spreading the word that there may indeed be A Nightmare On Elm Street prequel on the way, It sorta sounds kool in a twisted way & in someways it don't, As for me i always seem to think of Freddy as some childhood monster, And if this was to be a prequel it would be something more in the lines of Silence of the Lambs or Seven, And it would be kinda hard to put the monster we all know as freedy in human form in that kinda movie. I have mixed feeling for this right now, Be sure to share your thoughts on how you feel.

Re: Freddy's Nightmare In Human Flesh, Elm Street prequel on the way!

Whatever Robert Englund says...I tend not to believe. The truth meter on the guy is a ratio of truth 1:1000 lies.

The fact he was a child killer may get pulped down for modern audiences if it is made and picked up by a lrge company, ruining some of the idea, but eh, see how it goes.

If they can keep him true to his roots I think this movie would rock. He wouldn't have to be the monster in human form, because the events making him even more of a monster than he already was hadn't occured yet. The fire, the demons, etc.

Well in my personal opinion if they go back to when he was still "human" that is the true monster.. I mean he was a child molester.. I think someone like that would be even more frightening than the Freddy we all know today.. I think he could be way more sisnister and much more of a threat if we think of him as a child molester..

I always found freddy far to corny to be scary. I agree with you to goon that going back to his roots would be scary.

One of the best news ive herd so far! I love freddy but i have to say his movies got lamer and lamer as they went on. Id like to see freddy brought back on screen in a dark twisted, non comedy way the way that the remake of TCM was created.

Actually I really like Dream Warriors (part 3) after that they went downhill.. Don't get me started about the TCM remake. I hate that movie with a passion..

Goon wrote:

Actually I really like Dream Warriors (part 3) after that they went downhill..

I agree. The first three were good but after that Freddy became the Henny Youngman of horror movies. It finally got to the point where it wasn't funny anymore and it sure as hell wasn't scary.They've had 4 chances to revive this series and aside from a few interesting moments (i.e. the flashback scene in part 6) and a handful of "new" ways to die, they've all failed miserably. So another sequel should be out of the question.
A prequel however,might actually be a good idea. If they go about it seriously instead of the comedy fiasco of the last 4 or 5.

the 1st three i liked. i favor pt 3 myself.. but as far as the rest, got way to comedy for me. like alot of movies still today...i mean come on they call these things horror but they add this comedy crap to it....i want comedy horror i watch one like the return of the living dead.. i just think they need to get more serious in there so called horror movies.

Yea I totally agree Devils.. I'm kind of getting sick of the horror comedies.. One or two is good but I think it is starting to go overboard. I'm also kind of getting sick of little comedy elements within horror films.. Jason X is the perfect example.. Its supposed to be a fucking JASON movie.. not a wink wink nudge nudge comedy.. Bring the terror and fright back to horror..